Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default Forks of the Delaware Gunshow AG Hall in allentown

Oct 21 9 Am-5 Pm
    Oct 22 9 Am-2 Pm

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Forks of the Delaware Gunshow AG Hall in allentown

NOTE:
    They dont allow anyone under 10yrs old in. We went to a show in the spring and kids were not welcome
    Wouldnt want family into history and firearms...nimrods!

"donations" are $7...hmmmm....wonder what would happen if you didnt donate....

BTW the Personal Defense Guys have their class for the Florida License if anyone needs one. Info at their site
    http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net/gunshows.htm
    Last edited by Archiver; October 17th, 2006 at 08:41 PM.
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Lehigh County)

Smile Re: Forks of the Delaware Gunshow AG Hall in allentown

I spent a few hours walking through this show today. It has been a while since I have been to an Ag Hall show and this one seems much bigger, with an additional room off the normal larger one.

The prices, as always, make one wonder why the dealers bother to haul all their gear to the hall, lay it out and then pack it up again when no-one bites on the outrageous prices.

Maybe they expect us to dicker, but I hear so little of that anymore.

Also, I was amazed by the number of full auto guns on display (they had price tags, but who is gonna drop $10k on an M2 Carbine?) I have never seen a Johnson LMG before in person, let alone one that had been converted to semi-auto! MG42's, BAR's, all manner of SMG's.. the FA's were everywhere.

This show was basically worth the $7 buy in, if only for the show and tell aspect. I found a book I have been looking for and some small 1911A1 parts, but that was all I could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiver View Post
    NOTE:
    They dont allow anyone under 10yrs old in. We went to a show in the spring and kids were not welcome
    Wouldnt want family into history and firearms...nimrods!
    Odd you would use Nimrod as a silly person when it also means mighty warrior From the Bible...
    According to Hebrew traditions, he was of Mizraim by mother but came from Cush son of Ham and expanded Asshur which he inherited. His name has become proverbial as that of a "mighty hunter". His "kingdom" comprised Babel (Sumerian logogram Nun.Ki.), Erech, Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar, otherwise known as the land of Nimrod (Gen. x. 8-10; I Chron. i. 10; Micah v. 5)
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Carbon County)

RFLMAO!
    Maybe I'll use Judas instead?

But well done Frenchy......See you learn something new every day! You got me wondering how the transition may have happened.....
    Wikidepia-
    "A nimrod may refer to a silly or foolish person. This usage most likely originated with the classic cartoon character Bugs Bunny, who referred to Elmer Fudd as a "poor little Nimrod." While this was most likely meant to refer to the biblical character of Nimrod, described as "a mighty hunter," the word came to connote one who was easily confounded."
    Last edited by Archiver; October 27th, 2006 at 04:45 PM.
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!