Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Smile interesting encounter and bad encounter with game wardens

i have both sides of the story on my plate actually... one funny and kinda neat one, and one that sucked and pi$$ed me off.

the one that made me mad was when i was at the dover range. i had been going there since i was about 10 or 11 and when i went there one day when i was eighteen, i got if (i can remember correctly) a 180 dollar fine and so did the guy that i was standing there with, i didn't know him, had just met him and let him try my highly modified SKS.

we were standing and shooting, as i had and seen people doing for years and years and years, and he suddenly popped out from the woods, gave us fines, and him another for having too much ammo (by one round) and also for standing up.

the only rule that the range states on this matter is that you must be at an established shooting location. we were. we obviously had our equipment on the bench, and were standing directly beside the bench's seat. there is no rule on the sheet saying that you may not stand. just the previously stated.

on an entertaining note, when i was 16 or 17, i took a buddy spring gobbler hunting on my uncle's land. long story short, for a non BS reason, the wrong turkey was shot. there was two feathers sticking out of the birds chest that looked exactly like a beard. (it was a semi rainy morning so we think that's why they were suck like that) him and i both agreed. and he shot it.

we realized it was a hen and my uncle called for a game officer... i gutted it and then put it in the fridge until the game warden showed up so he could take it to the food shelter thing.

we had gotten back around 10, so it was past noon by this time and we felt like target practicing on my uncles range on his property. (and so, we did! ) we were shooting the AR15, a bunch of pistols, i always carried a raven arms MP-25 and i ruger blackhawk SA .22lr revolver on my hip in a old west style golster for it. (it was private land but still wasn't technically legal, and i was ignorant of knowing that at that age) and whenever i was there that was my everyday carry like that.

anyway, as we were shooting, i looked up in the woods to the right, and there i see, something that i will never forget in my life!

there was a game warden, pistol drawn, (and looking about scared as hell! lol) and doing his best at "sneaking" through the brush to figure out why it sounded like WW3 lol

i started laughing out loud and my buddy turned to see what i was laughing at and, in turn, started laughing hysterically himself...

the game warden realized that everything was fine and quickly holstered his weapon and started laughing while appologizing profucely.

after the paperwork and all, (and no, the warden made no mention of me carrying my uncle's pistols on me, even though he only saw my uncle for a short minute and could see i suppose, that it was normal) i offered to carry the bird to his vehicle for him and he gratiously accepted.

this is when i realized he had parked almost two hundred yards from the house in the driveway (the whole driveway is about 500 yards long). when we got to the vehicle, he finally commented on the pistols i was carrying. it was not what you would expect though. he actually complimented me on the choices that i made on the holster and all and we ended up having a convo about his glock and he let me hold it and check it out (.357 sig, full size gen 1) which might be were i started liking glocks from lol

i guess i say all this because i wanted to show that there really are still good game wardens around.... as well as mean ones... hope you got a kick outta the story... sorry it was soo long.....
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: interesting encounter and bad encounter with game wardens

Poor guy probably had to wash his drawers when he got home.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: interesting encounter and bad encounter with game wardens

Good story neverjams (I wish THAT ((your name)) was true).

I am happy to say that thus far my 6 of 7 encounters with the game guys has been GOOD.

I shoot at a private range. It has been a loooooong time since I have been to a state range.