Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Kinsey'd Outdoors in Mt Joy, PA

I know in the past that I have said good things about Kinsey's but today on the phone I was treated like I was speaking to the asses at Trop's by Dave Parker the GM. When they finally get around to calling me back about the Beretta AL2 that was delivered nd signed for there at 8:04 this morning by UPS and I pick it up it will be my last transaction with them. Actually said it was only my word that it was delivered this morning even though I had the UPS tracking and the emailo notice of delivery and signature from UPS. He said they may call me later today or this evening because they are busy and after all they are only providing me a courtesy by allowing me to use their FFL even though I pay for the courtesy. When I pay for something I consider it more than a courtesy.
    Last edited by Headhunter 13; September 22nd, 2007 at 04:19 PM.
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Snyder County)

Default Re: Kinsey'd Outdoors in Mt Joy, PA

$40 for FFL transfer? I pay $20 to a local guy and he is more than happy to do it.

But rather than just up and stop going there, ask to talk to someone about it. Maybe he will change his tune and apologize and it won't happen again. But at least say something so they know your position.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    $40 for FFL transfer? I pay $20 to a local guy and he is more than happy to do it.

But rather than just up and stop going there, ask to talk to someone about it. Maybe he will change his tune and apologize and it won't happen again. But at least say something so they know your position.
    He is the GM and I so far have not been able to get to the owners. There are other shops in the area so they lose at least one customer and if any others see this and go else where or whatever so much the better. Hell they can't even put night sights on my P239 so I was going somewhere else for that anyway. I did send an email to the Office manger asking that it get sent on to the owners
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(York County)

I stopped in there a few months ago and I was not impressed with the shop and felt like I was un-wanted as a customer. Asked a question regarding a Colt Police Positive in the case (I was actually very interested in the thing and not just a looky-loo) and an older guy acted like I had offended him by asking to see the gun. The guys behind the counter were talking with another customer and the longer I was in there the more vulgar and graphic the language became. Not the kind of place I would choose to spend my money. Between them and Trop's I don't think I'll ever bother to drive east of the Susquehana again. Besides, I've got the best gun shop in PA right down the street in Shupp's Gunsmithing of York!!!

(York County)

I used to like going there but after the last fiasco I had with them, I will no longer deal with the idiots.
    I ordered a 1858 Remington New Army(reproduction) from them in December of 2006. They said it would be 10 days to get it in. Ok no problem, Well after 10 days I checked back with them, nothing there.
    After 21 days, still nothing, now I'm getting upset this was suppose to be a Christmas gift for my brother.
    After 1 month, still hasn't come in. I'm pissed
    after 2 months still nothing,
    after 3 months, still nothing and no reason why they don't have it
    Now it's April and I still don't have it and I refuse to deal with assholes that have no clue how to do business.
    I call cancel the order and tell them to shove their store.
    I get on line and order the same model from Cabela's along with 2 extra cylinders for it. I have it in hand within a week...

I can't figure it out I've never had that much trouble with them when we bought the Henry Big Boy or the 54 cal flintlock. I'm amazed that they treat their customers like that, but they won't have to worry about that.
    I was a life long customer, I first bought a Jennings Lightning from them back in the mid 80's when they where across from the Mount Joy Dinner and have bought from them thru out the years. That has changed and I won't deal with them anymore..
    Just my not so humble opinion...
    Last edited by crazyyankee; September 18th, 2007 at 11:43 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I am going to use them to ship a handgun tomorrow.
    After hearing some of these stories I'm not to sure.
    I'll let you all know how it turns out.

(Lancaster County)

Jim Snyder there is a real good guy. It is the GM Dave Parker that is an ass and Alex the Store manger follows his lead. I also heard the current president (read son of founder) is a real piece of work too.) Do you really need the FFL to ship the gun. I always just use FedEx overnight to the receivers FFL. it is cheaper

I finally got to pick up my Shotgun there this morning and dealt with Jim. As I said he is a good guy and has always treated me well. They had an sweet older FNH there for 119.00 I think it was a 7.65mm or something like that but I decided not to buy from them
    --------------------
    Wayne

---------------

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter 13 View Post
    Jim Snyder there is a real good guy. It is the GM Dave Parker that is an ass and Alex the Store manger follows his lead. I also heard the current president (read son of founder) is a real piece of work too.) Do you really need the FFL to ship the gun. I always just use FedEx overnight to the receivers FFL. it is cheaper

I finally got to pick up my Shotgun there this morning and dealt with Jim. As I said he is a good guy and has always treated me well. They had an sweet older FNH there for 119.00 I think it was a 7.65mm or something like that but I decided not to buy from them
    I guess I don't need to use them to ship it I just feel better doing it that way.

(Lancaster County)

I've sold and shiped 5 handguns through FedEX and 1 long gun through UPS with zero issues. Plus received 4 through it to my FFL
    --------------------
    Wayne

---------------

(York County)

Glad to hear your experience with them is different. Like I said I've been dealing with them since the mid 80's and I understand that I'm not their only customer. But what I went through was uncalled for. This isn't how you do business. I will no longer deal with them. Since they don't care, then why should I care. I'll take my money somewhere else..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast