Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mountain lions in Pa?

There are as many opinions around here on mountain lions as there are butts to wipe. I can't hardly go two weeks without somebody saying so and so saw that mt lion. Nobody ever has pictures or video, but they can damn near tell you where to see it and when. Anything is possible. If I saw a Mt lion on my back porch the picture I post would be it hanging from my deer pole, and then the Game Commission could try to arrest me for shooting an animal that they insist doesn’t live in Pa. I'd be a local legend. Much short of that I have a hard time believing it.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lancaster County)

Well you think what you want....I know what my cousins and their parents and I saw....They are a "myth" in Pa...But why do you think penn states name is the "nittany" Lions....There were lions that lived on Mt. Nittany! Think about it....Not trying to be a smart ass but, they are out there.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    Recently, one of the Security Officers in the community I live in reported seeing one at the lake.
    Most people can't tell the difference between a bobcat and a mt lion.
    A mt. lion can be 6-9ft long 2 1/2 to 3 ft tall, and weigh as much as 250lb's.
    If you saw that you'd be changing your underoo's.
    Bobcats can also be quite large, not nearly the size of an adult mt lion.

This is a good size pa bobcat. Big but no mt. lion

FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    Well you think what you want....I know what my cousins and their parents and I saw....They are a "myth" in Pa...But why do you think penn states name is the "nittany" Lions....There were lions that lived on Mt. Nittany! Think about it....Not trying to be a smart ass but, they are out there.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but there have been just countless sightings, and not one scrap of proof.
    I'm the first to admit that pa could likely hide a few, but the way the sightings come in, especially around here, you would think that small children would be routinley being snatched up.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lancaster County)

well next time I see one like you said I will shoot it and catch a huge fine from the game comission and be the local legend/hero....Just so you will believe me!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

well next time I see one like you said I will shoot it and catch a huge fine from the game comission and be the local legend/hero....Just so you will believe me!
    I'm there
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lawrence County)

Actually, since mountain lions aren't "regulated game animals" in Pennsylvania, you can't get in trouble... However, if DNA testing comes back and says "bobcat", then you might as well send about 3 months of your paychecks directly to the PGC... lol
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Blair County)

Chaz got a point....can't regulate something that "isn't here"

I'm with God's Country....being in Forestry...it is at least once a month that so and so saw one back home/heard about it/ was trying to get their game cam hung...
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Susquehanna County)

So just for grins and giggles, suppose PGC IS trying to re-establish Mountain Lions in PA? What do do about it? Start a class action suit against them? Kill off all the critters that can be found before PGC makes an announcement making them a protected species?

Personally I think purposefully re-establishing Mountain Lion in this region is a really stupid idea, given a really crummy deer herd and high numbers of domestic livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    So just for grins and giggles, suppose PGC IS trying to re-establish Mountain Lions in PA? What do do about it? Start a class action suit against them? Kill off all the critters that can be found before PGC makes an announcement making them a protected species?

Personally I think purposefully re-establishing Mountain Lion in this region is a really stupid idea, given a really crummy deer herd and high numbers of domestic livestock.
    I don't think a month goes by when I don't here that the PGC is reintroducing mt. lion, wolves, or coyotes to reduce the deer herd. I not sure on this, but I would think that for the pgc to introduce anything, much less a locally extict predator,
    it would require legislative approval. The PGC needs legislative action to fart.
    If this is the case we would have to believe it's a conspiracy. I'm too tired for another conspiracy.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast