Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ Rami

Default CZ Rami

I forget where I read this but on one of the forums someone said the Rami is "only rated for 1000 rnds." Has anyone else heard this? Sounds like BS to me.
    Last edited by das; April 8th, 2010 at 10:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

(Indiana County)

Default Re: CZ Rami

Sounds like something a 1911 freak would start spreading around.

CZ guns are top notch and I would put a 1000 round life span comment about a CZ in the moron column.

If that is true, mine is about 500 rounds past it's prime.

I call BS. Mine has been 100% reliable and doesn't show any signs of wear.

(Allegheny County)

How many modern semi-automatic pistols do you know of that are built with that short of a life expectancy?

Seriously - how many guns built today, have a 1000 round final service limit?

Let alone a CZ.

Complete BS.

Above BS to just dumb. That's like saying a car is going to die at 10,000 miles. Except for the Yugo.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    I forget where I read this but on one of the forums someone said the Rami is "only rated for 1000 rnds." Has anyone else heard this? Sounds like BS to me.
    I would think even a Hi-Point would last longer than 1000 rounds...

I easily have double that through my RAMI.....and everything looks brand new. I do clean it EVERY time it's shot whether it be 1 round or 200.

They're a damn fine CCW gun.....

(Lancaster County)

Not a chance. It's the same gun as a CZ-75, just with a shorter barrel, slide, and magazine. It has a heavier recoil spring to compensate for any additional abuse.

I've heard that CZ's take between 500-1000 rounds to break in. Meaning that it takes time for the trigger mechanisms to get really smooth etc.

No way in hell it'll only last for 1000 rounds.

I have a CZ P-01 that has at least 4000 through it, and it shows no signs of wear. The Rami is built very similarly to that gun.

I've got 3 modern CZ's, including a Rami, and without a doubt I would consider them to be the finest pistols I've ever had the pleasure of shooting.

You'll also be pleasantly surprised at how accurate the Rami is, despite it's extremely short barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    Not a chance. It's the same gun as a CZ-75, just with a shorter barrel, slide, and magazine. It has a heavier recoil spring to compensate for any additional abuse.

I've heard that CZ's take between 500-1000 rounds to break in. Meaning that it takes time for the trigger mechanisms to get really smooth etc.

No way in hell it'll only last for 1000 rounds.

I have a CZ P-01 that has at least 4000 through it, and it shows no signs of wear. The Rami is built very similarly to that gun.

I've got 3 modern CZ's, including a Rami, and without a doubt I would consider them to be the finest pistols I've ever had the pleasure of shooting.

You'll also be pleasantly surprised at how accurate the Rami is, despite it's extremely short barrel.
    I agree with all of the above, expect for the RAMI is a cut-down CZ40. For such a small gun, very accurate and low-recoil.

RAMI:

CZ40:

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jokusfocus View Post
    I agree with all of the above, expect for the RAMI is a cut-down CZ40. For such a small gun, very accurate and low-recoil.

RAMI:

CZ40:
    Interesting, I was not familiar with the 40b.

It does have more in common with the looks of the 40b than the 75, but even the 40b wasn't all that far off from the 75. It looks like CZ got the 40b design from Colt (the Z40 if my limited research is correct) and reworked it to be a bit more compatible with it's existing platform.

Apparently the model was discontinued once CZ began producing model 75 variants chambered in .40 s&w, making it essentially obsolete.

Apparently the designers of the Rami liked the 40b enough to incorporate it into their new gun.

For what it's worth, when I break down my P-01, SP-01 Phantom, and Rami P I can't tell a bit of difference in the parts, with the exception of their size. On another interesting note, I can use my Fobus P-01 (technically an H&K USP compact) holster for all three guns as well. The Rami barrel obviously doesn't extend all the way to the bottom, but the rest of the gun is secured properly.

We're debating semantics at this point I think.

Thanks for pointing out yet another CZ I'll need to add to my collection now though!

(Allegheny County)

I kind of have a "thing" for sub-compacts. I'm not 100% positive exactly what it is but the RAMI is a at the top of my Drool List. I did a ton of research and never heard about the 1000 round life span. Maybe they meant a 1000 rounds and hour? J/K.

I do go to a local shop and fondle one every now and again. The particular salesman that day was very anti-CZ and was pro-Glock and pro-HK. When I go to gun shops sometimes I like play the uninformed noob role. That way I can get some funny, totally untrue info and it makes my day. For instance this guy said that all CZ guns are poor copies of other makers guns. The CZ-75 was a S&W 4006, the CZ P series are supposed to be USP's and the RAMI were some older Colt gun. Granted they look slightly similar but this guy was claiming they were copies.

From everything I have gathered CZ is a top-notch company with very few lemons. I have a feeling if you get one you will be very happy.
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast