Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Interesting ATF Letter - Legal Kits for Pistol->Rifle->Pistol...?

Its funny to me how you can have a contender with both short and long barrels, and pistol grips and stocks, all the bits to make an SBR, and its cool. But if I have an AR-15 and an M16 hammer, bolt and sear, they assume I'm manufacturing a machine gun and throw my butt in jail. Double standard much?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    I guess we need a lawyer here but to anyone who deals with math or symbolic logic, OR is inclusive. A OR B returns TRUE if any of the follow conditions are met: only A is true, only B is true, A and B are both true.

However, most of humanity looks upon OR as exclusive as I discovered whilst playing Monopoly. I argued that I should get paid my $200 when I landed on GO and then another $200 when I passed GO. My non-logical oppononents failed to see the logic in my argument.
    Since the previous poster raised this thread from the grave I am wondering if you only get a double payday when you pull a card that says "advance to go, collect $200"

See, you get the 200 the car gives you, "collect 200" and then the extra 200 when you PASS go. Getting there isn't passing it, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by clugnut View Post
    Its funny to me how you can have a contender with both short and long barrels, and pistol grips and stocks, all the bits to make an SBR, and its cool. But if I have an AR-15 and an M16 hammer, bolt and sear, they assume I'm manufacturing a machine gun and throw my butt in jail. Double standard much?
    (brushing dust off the lid of the coffin)

The difference is that an SBR is defined IN THE STATUTE to be a gun with a short barrel and a buttstock (more or less). But a "machinegun" is defined to include parts intended to convert a gun to full-auto.

It's not a double standard, it's 2 different standards for two different things. The way that a BLT is good with 4 slices of bacon, but an ice cream cone sucks with them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    (brushing dust off the lid of the coffin)

The difference is that an SBR is defined IN THE STATUTE to be a gun with a short barrel and a buttstock (more or less). But a "machinegun" is defined to include parts intended to convert a gun to full-auto.

It's not a double standard, it's 2 different standards for two different things. The way that a BLT is good with 4 slices of bacon, but an ice cream cone sucks with them.
    You haven't tasted maple bacon ice cream.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    You haven't tasted maple bacon ice cream.
    Nor have I had a luncheon with all my ex-girlfriends at once. I'm OK with that, too.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    It's pretty bad when we're defining IS.
    We need Clinton to get on here.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Originally Posted by -JD-
    So I can put it together and take it apart as many times as I want as a pistol OR I can put it together and take it apart as many times as I want as a rifle.
    I guess we need a lawyer here but to anyone who deals with math or symbolic logic, OR is inclusive. A OR B returns TRUE if any of the follow conditions are met: only A is true, only B is true, A and B are both true.

However, most of humanity looks upon OR as exclusive as I discovered whilst playing Monopoly. I argued that I should get paid my $200 when I landed on GO and then another $200 when I passed GO. My non-logical oppononents failed to see the logic in my argument.

There is NO logic in this guy's argument. No wonder this guy was banned. Symbolic logic also includes an 'exclusive or', where the inputs differ to be true and alike to produce false. 'Exclusive or' is use primarily in grammar as in choosing 'this or that', but not both.

BTW, Monopoly rules state that either landing on GO, or passing over Go gets one $200. One cannot both land and pass over at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(York County)

fact remains fact, regardless of what a moderator does.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345