Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Got To Brag About My Town's Police

I decided to jump onto getting an 03C&R finally, and seeing I'm not 21 once the forms were mailed to my house I gave them right to my father right away with the mentioning that he should defiantly look into getting one (No more $20 sucka fees. Yeayeah...!).

Well my father goes to the chief of police, and... the guy jumps on getting this done for my father. On one part they were unsure of what had to be done, and so the chief of police called the ATF(&Explosives) himself to make the clarifications. He made a lot of corrections, and my father said that he couldn't help him enough. Then after that my father started joking about how other cops usually treat people like a criminal when they come around police, and they asked if that's why he moved here.

Well I'm impressed pretty damn well from what my father's experience was with em', and I think it's defiantly commendable enough to bring up here so let da word out: Da Palmyra Police, and peeing in your pants is coo. You aint cool unless you pee your pants.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Got To Brag About My Town's Police

You DO know that the C&R only applies to C&R classified firearms? And technically any firearms purchased with that by your father, must be in his collection, or legally transferred to you (logged out of the bound book). For regular modern firearms, a C&R does nothing for you...

(Lebanon County)

DO...... - DO you see the firearms I have listed in my signature as coming coon (they're all C&R)? I'm actually not that interested in buying modern arms, but if I was I'd go to a local place where I'd much rather when it comes to spending Gs. As far as transferring goes that's not a problem right?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    ....As far as transferring goes that's not a problem right?
    No, transferring is not a problem. BUT, the intent of the purchase is.

If your father gets an 03FFL and orders a MN for the purpose of transferring to you that is a no-no.

Gray area - yes. Only because intent can be hard to prove by a prosecutor.

If a father has a C&R and orders firearms for his collection, which is shared by his children (minor or adult) that is something that would likely be veiwed as acceptable, or should I say not prone to scrutiny.

But if he is getting his license so you can further your personal collection you have a definite problem IMO. This would violate the terms of licensing the way I understand them

Also, from reading your original post I am completely confused as to why you were at the police dept in the first place. There is no business to be conducted at the police dept in regards to applying for a C&R.
    The process is
    a) Fill out ATF application (triplicate) and Cert of Compliance
    b) Send in 2 signed copies and your cert 'o compliance along with $30 check to BATFE
    c) You will also need to mail a signed original of the form to the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) in your area. (for his records) No action is required on his part which is why I'm confused as to why you went there....?

(Lebanon County)

For Lebanon County, CLEO for C&R purposes is Sheriff Mike DeLeo. His office is in the Municipal Bldg in Lebanon. You only need to send him a statement that a C&R License was applied for in whoevers name is applying. Make sure your father reads and completely understands the purpose of a C&R License. It is not to buy for someone else. Dads legal standing is worth more than a "$20 sucker fee".

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    For Lebanon County, CLEO for C&R purposes is Sheriff Mike DeLeo. ....
    OR the chief of his township/city PD.

Either will work.

(Lebanon County)

When I went to Lebanon Police I was directed to the sheriffs office. Maybe they had it confused with concealed carry lic? As long as it works, that's what counts.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    DO...... - DO you see the firearms I have listed in my signature as coming coon (they're all C&R)? I'm actually not that interested in buying modern arms, but if I was I'd go to a local place where I'd much rather when it comes to spending Gs. As far as transferring goes that's not a problem right?

I see 5 firearms that are in your collection... and only two are definetly C&R It is possible that depending on what the .22autoloader is it COULD be C&R but I doubt it.

It is clear by your post that you don't understand the purpose of the 03FFL and the potential trouble your father could get himself in if HE doesn't understand how to follow the rules. You have two potential purchases listed in your SIG line...

The MN and a m1 garand...

I am failing to see the value of spending $30 for your father's C&R for basically skirting the "$20 sucker fee" for the MN, because you can avoid the "sucker fee" with the M1 if you go through CMP or find one for resale from someone's private collection.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    When I went to Lebanon Police I was directed to the sheriffs office. Maybe they had it confused with concealed carry lic? As long as it works, that's what counts.
    Similar situation here. I called North Cornwall Township police and they said they have nothing to do with it, I need to send the CLEO copy to Sheriff DeLeo. And yes, I did make it clear that it was in regard to C&R license and not LTCF. It's good to hear that the Palmyra police were so helpful, and the way the procedure is written, it sure seems like the local chief of police should qualify as the CLEO for this purpose.

On the other hand, I also am concerned for your well being here, I have to agree with the others here Willtallica, make sure that both you and your father understand the intention and guidelines associated with a C&R license. The possible consequences of misunderstanding or simply not knowing the rules could cost you dearly, in terms of both money and your rights, not to mention the hassle factor associated with it.

(Luzerne County)

Why are people calling or going to the PD?

Just mail the copy to them w/a cover letter stating " It is being sent to you, my local CLEO, as per the instructions on the form, in accordance with 18U.S.C. Chapter 44."

Done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast