Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Just got a used Sig P229 in .40...

Talk to me about accessories and must-have items.

All it came with was one magazine.

I'd like to get 2 more magazines (at least), a .357 sig barrel, those nice looking checkered rosewood grips (like on the elite model) and possibly the .22 conversion kit.

Am I missing anything or is there anything I should know? I'd been eyeballing this gun for months now and traded in some other guns that weren't seeing any action for it.

-Zach

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Just got a used Sig P229 in .40...

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Talk to me about accessories and must-have items.

All it came with was one magazine.

I'd like to get 2 more magazines (at least), a .357 sig barrel, those nice looking checkered rosewood grips (like on the elite model) and possibly the .22 conversion kit.

Am I missing anything or is there anything I should know? I'd been eyeballing this gun for months now and traded in some other guns that weren't seeing any action for it.

-Zach
    Good luck with the conversion kit. Sig just upped their prices not too long ago on it. I believe it's 329 now. It used to be 279.

I was looking for one for my P220.

Bastards.

(Blair County)

Crimson Trace laser grips. You wont be sorry, I have this gun with this grip. It is rubberized and more comfortable then the original. The laser has performed beyond my wildest dreams. Its been 3+ years now, over 5k rounds and Im on the original batteries and havent adjusted it since the first 5 minute adjustment I made when I installled it. I can blow the 10 ring out at 25 yards. With the sights I get 3-4 inch groups. It should have come with nite sites, if not that would be my second upgrade. Holster and 3 more mags is all I can suggest. I never bothered buying a conversion kit....If I want to shoot a 22....Ill just shoot my 22 walther. You will need lots of ammo. When I take this gun to the range I cant put it down, I shoot every bullet I bring. Its such a pleasure to shoot, GRATS

(Blair County)

Im sure Ill get flamed....but I use the CT laser as a cat toy alot. The dog and the cat both love it. I cant believe the batteries have lasted this long. The dog has figured it out. when he sees my pistol he thinks its playtime....not sure how to train that out of him.

(York County)

Buy as many mags as you think you need. I only have 2 for mine. I would look into a good holster. I can't stand iwb. I much prefer owb. My holster of choice is an Alessi CQC-S. If you prefer iwb, Milt Sparks vmi seems to be the way to go. You bought a high end handgun. Don't compromise on the holster. Find one that you are sure you can be comfy with.
    You bought one of the most reliable, accurate guns on the mass produced market. If yours is like mine, you will love it.
    A word of caution. One Sig leads to more Sigs.
    IMHO, your money is more wisely spent buying ammo than fancy wooden grips. CT are another issue. They are an excellent security blanket, that can also be an excellent training aid. Well worth the money.
    Congratulations on your purchase,
    Jim.

(Bucks County)

You guys have all been awesome...

I think you may be right about the grips...I might just have to buy the stainless elite model next time.

I like having a lot of mags if I can. 3 seems to work as my minimum.

The conversion kit is a nice way to shoot the same gun and getting used to it for cheap, but I do have a nice .22 pistol as well so the conversion kit I suppose can wait. I just get excited about having options!!

If I see the CT grips, I will look into them. I do plan on this gun replacing my Beretta 92FS as my primary carry gun so that might be useful. As it stands now, I looked into the magazines and they are pricey! I was spoiled by the Beretta in that respect.

-Zach

(Monroe County)

Did it come in a red box? even so you should still have gotten 2 mags with it.

nyman

(Blair County)

Im at about 5500 rds and thinking Im about ready to change my recoil spring for the first time. The gun was very tight until I fired about 2k through it.

hold off on the CT's until you are certain you love the pistol. in the mean time try some $15 Hogues

to carry, i recommend a Cross Breed Qwick Clip

ammo and mags, go shoot it!

everything else is just fluff and can come later

like the 357 barrel and a BarSto 9mm conversion barrel, night sights, SRT, action job...

(Bucks County)

No, it did not come with the red case or anything. It was not a factory refurb. Just a used Sig that somebody either lost or kept the mag and case to.

-Zach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast