Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default CMP @ Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

Today, me, my fiance and DrakinClaw went to the CMP shoot at "Langhorne Rod and Gun Club". This shoot is open to the public, so membership to the club is not required.

It was set up as a competition, with slow fire, fast fire, standing up, sitting and prone positions. None of us had any Garands, so the organizer was more than willing to accommodate us with a few loaners. This was my first time at a CMP shoot, and my first time ever shooting the famed Garand. WOW! What a rifle, now I know what to ask Santa this December!

There were a little over 20 shooters, divided in two rounds. We watched most of the first one and participated in the second one. There was a also quite a few people hanging out, spotting and several range officers.

We all had a FANTASTIC time, and will try to make all CMP shoots from now on. It really is true that there are no nicer folk than gun folk, because everybody was extremely helpful to us newbies, taking time to teach us proper technique, and giving us ample time to get used to the rifles, even if this caused the event to take a little longer than usual.

Again, I was really impressed with how nice everyone was to us. We even got to meet famed WWII hero John Agner (100% sure Im misspelling his name), he is quite the quick-witted gentleman, and a pleasure to talk to.

If you are in the area, don't hesitate to show up to the next CMP shoot, you can bring all sorts of Mausers (I believe) and even your poodle shooter.... errr... I mean.. AR-15s.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CMP @ Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

Glad you had a fun time man CMP is a really fun way to enjoy a nice sunday morning.
    And i believe WWII vets name is John "Jack" Agnew. A++ people, lots of info to learn from. But i would double check to make sure its 100% open to the public, or that a member needs to sponsor the guests.
    But other than that it was a really kick A** time!
    Drakin
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: CMP @ Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

Always fun times at Langhorne.

Im pretty sure I heard the coordinator mention that CMP is open to the public.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: CMP @ Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

The CMP/Hi Power shoots are DEFINATELY open to the public. Glad you had scha great time. The loaner rifles are the clubs for just that purpose, to help "hook" some new shooters into exercising their citizenship (gg)

OPEN HOUSE is TOMMORROW, Sept 23 from 9 AM till 4 PM. Come and try some of our "demo's" of the various activities at the club. CCW OK, please no personal rifles /shotguns,e tc, as this event is for the public to "introdce them" to shooting sports

Glad to see yu met Jack Agnew, one of the "filthy 13" (on which the "Dirty Dozen" was based, from the HQ company 506 PIR of the 82 Airborne (as I recall) who was of the first "Pathfinders" in the war, and, if you google his name, you will find that he was the radar beacon op who parachuted into the "battle of the bulge" in Bastogne to direct the airlift of mch needed supplies to support "Easy Company" of Bandof Brothers fame.

Pacer
    AKA "President" of LRGC
    LanghorneRodandGunClub.org