Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Post AR 20" barrel or 16", also 1ST AR I will be buying....need suggestions !

Hey everyone, I have been contemplating this for a few weeks now....I put some money down on a Stag Arms 20" barrel AR, also left handed because I'm a lefty. Now I own AK's, a FAL ect... and they all eject from the right side...across my face ! lol, so I was thinking man it would be kind of nice to get a lefty gun, but at the same time is it worth it ??? It's slightly used, some minor marks but it's $700 and has a Command Arms Accessories collapsable buttstock with an adjustable cheek piece and also a quad rail, dunno what brand the quad rail is tho, seemed nice. Also has detachable carry handle which i really wanted, I like the carry handle look but also like the flat top look a lot too...so I figured best of both worlds and once I get it I can better decide how I want to equip it, keep carry handle with optics on top, or take it off put on a new rear sight and optics with see thru scope rigns maybe....
    Here is the other thing, hence the threads name, it does have a 20" barrel which I am thinking with the collapable stock it will still be nice and short, for close quaters if needed (saying I can't get to anything else) and with the longer barrel it will be better for longer range also....but is it REALLY much better than the 16" barrel ??? Or is the 16" barrel better, I am very interested to see what people think (i.e. people more knowledgeable than me since this will be my first AR.) If the 16" barrel is better I have no problem getting a right handed one either, I am used to it now. If anyone has any other info or suggestions I am 100% open to them....I just have to definitly decide by monday b/c I don't want them to keep holding the rifle then I decide I want to switch...I'm sure they'd still do it just curtisy ya know. Thanks all, look forward to hearing what you all have to say, Phila.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: AR 20" barrel or 16", also 1ST AR I will be buying....need suggestions !

Just buy a Stag Lefty.......no problem.

Lycandependsonwhatyouwanttodowithitthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: AR 20" barrel or 16", also 1ST AR I will be buying....need suggestions !

I really like Stag Arms. I just bought a Model 2T a month ago and have not had one bit of trouble.

(Monroe County)

A 20" tube is ok, but I prefer the balance of the 16" tube.