Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Bushmaster XM-15 E2S Carbine

Hey guys. My cousin, a Florida resident, is looking to pick up an AR-15. He knows a guy who has a Bushmaster XM-15 E2S carbine that he is looking to sell, and has put less than 200 rounds through it.

This guy is selling the rifle, hard case, 10 round magazine, an additional five 30 round magazines, and 200 rounds of assorted factory ammunition. He's asking $1000.

Is this a decent price for this carbine, and is there anything in particular my cousin should look for when inspecting this particular model? Thanks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Bushmaster XM-15 E2S Carbine

It's an ok rifle, I had one, the barrel was over torqued from the factory so I adjusted the windage as far as it would go and it still wasn't on target. I hear it is not an uncommon problem on these, at least it wasn't a couple years ago when I bought mine. Bushmaster fixed it but don't know how you would do if you weren't the original owner.

It is an ok price, maybe even high. The rifle was probably $1,000 new, depending on what ammo and mags he is getting it would probably be better to buy new and get exactly what you want, since he is already dropping a grand might as well do it right and if it costs him a couple hundred more he might be a lot happier in the end. If they are nothing special, regular, GI type mags and average ammo a good deal would be more like $900 for the package IMO. There are tons of ARs on the market right now, new and used, tell him to shop around and read up so he gets what he wants.

Default Re: Bushmaster XM-15 E2S Carbine

Thanks for the input. I know that the seller is going to be away for around a month, and the sale (if it happens) won't happen until then. Right now everything is at a mutual friend's house, and my cousin has access to it to see how it performs. I know the $1000 is a starting point that the seller said as a ballpark figure, I believe my cousin is going to see if he'll do it for around $800. Would that be a better deal? Thanks again.