Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Exclamation Bad experiences at East Bangor Rod and Gun Club..

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone has ever had any bad experiences at East Bangor Rod and Gun Club in Northampton County. I have had a few bad experiences here at this club. Every since they uped the price for membership from 5 dollars to I think 25, I left, and got a membership at Stockertown Rod and Gun Club (which is much nicer). EBGC is a dump and they have nothing to post targets on. I’ve had bad experiences with some of the scum bag individuals that shoot at this club and the club claiming to change their dues in the middle of the year. Does anyone shoot as this club? Since they jacked up the price, have they done any remodeling or at least cleaned up the millions of casings of brass and shot shells which are on the ground? Thanks for the responses.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Bad experiences at East Bangor Rod and Gun Club..

what are the bad experiences youh have had there ? And what are the "scum bags" doing?
    We would like to know.

I am loking for a club to join and this one is right by my job.

so let us know before we join.

Nyman

(Bucks County)

a 25 dollar membership fee isn't much and you get what you pay for.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    a 25 dollar membership fee isn't much and you get what you pay for.
    I agree, the fee is not that much. Money is not an issue because it’s the principle, but when the place is a shit hole… why pay the price? I have been asked to leave the rifle range on a few occasions by board members of this club, so that they could shoot, instead of taking turns. Back in November I was sighting in my rifle and told they raised the dues and I had to pay those new dues or they would contacted the PSP and have me cited for trespassing. After being threatened with that I drove up to Stockertown and paid 35 dollars for that club. As for Scum Bags, well guys that come up to the range driving a beat to shit pick up truck with old refrigerators and microwaves in the back just to use them as targets.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    what are the bad experiences youh have had there ? And what are the "scum bags" doing?
    We would like to know.

I am loking for a club to join and this one is right by my job.

so let us know before we join.

Nyman
    Nyman, I wouldn’t join this club. It gets packed on weekends and the over all club is a dump. I haven’t been up there since November so I’m not sure if anything has changed. Some individuals that go to this club are scum bagish and don’t seem very safe with a firearm. Pay the extra money for Stockertown, Belfast, Roseto, or Bath R&G clubs.

(Monroe County)

so its like going to a SGL Range on the weekends near the boarder of Jersey, except you pay for that thrill. sounds like fun, where do i sign up for such entertainment?
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock19_NoStovePipe View Post
    I agree, the fee is not that much. Money is not an issue because it’s the principle, but when the place is a shit hole… why pay the price? I have been asked to leave the rifle range on a few occasions by board members of this club, so that they could shoot, instead of taking turns. Back in November I was sighting in my rifle and told they raised the dues and I had to pay those new dues or they would contacted the PSP and have me cited for trespassing. After being threatened with that I drove up to Stockertown and paid 35 dollars for that club. As for Scum Bags, well guys that come up to the range driving a beat to shit pick up truck with old refrigerators and microwaves in the back just to use them as targets.

for 25 bucks you shouldn't expect a lot, you should expect exactly what you've got. crappy treatment, poorly run with no range maintenance and questionable members. reputable gun clubs usually charge a lot more than 25bucks for a membership but the higher price keeps the riff raff out and pays for up keep of the facility. find a quality club and pay the price of admission and although you'll pay more you'll also receive more for your money and enjoy yourself a lot more.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    for 25 bucks you shouldn't expect a lot, you should expect exactly what you've got. crappy treatment, poorly run with no range maintenance and questionable members. reputable gun clubs usually charge a lot more than 25bucks for a membership but the higher price keeps the riff raff out and pays for up keep of the facility. find a quality club and pay the price of admission and although you'll pay more you'll also receive more for your money and enjoy yourself a lot more.
    I agree with that comment. I belong to Stockertown gun club and I haven’t had any problems. Even talked to the president while he was doing maintenance to the club and I was just putting it out there that the East Bangor Rod and Gun Club is not the best place to spend your money. Last years dues were only 5 dollars, the club was a shit hole, they raised the dues to 25 and it’s still a mess.

(Monroe County)

Oh Boy , so the board members kicked off an active member off the range so the board members could have the range to themselves? These guys are the real scumbags not just the guys in the old pickups stuffed with "targets"

Nyman

Can anyone tell me where this range actually is?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast