Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bedford County)

Default East Petersburg Sportsman

Does anyone have any info on East Pete Sportsman? I tried the phone number that i found online but no one answered nor could i leave a message. I live only less than a mile from here and would love to see if it is open. It would be great to be able to use this range since it is so close to me.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: East Petersburg Sportsman

I have not been a member there for nearly ten years, so some of this might have changed a little.

The club is small and the longest range is 100 yards, with a couple shorter pistol ranges available. It seems like most members are older and generally geared towards hunting and not defensive shooting. I forget the yearly dues, but I also felt they were pretty high.

Again, keep in mind this is fairly old information and should be verified. Good luck.

(Lancaster County)

oops. That was odd.

(Lancaster County)

Yes the club is still open. Dues are 40.00 or 50 per year, you are required to attend two 4 hour work parties per year or pay a fine of 25 per missed work party. We have 11 acres, numerous archery ranges. pistol from 5 to 25 yards. rifle up to one hundred. We offer four hunter trapper courses per year. If interested there is a meeting at the clubhouse the third Thursday each month at 7:30 pm, come early and have some food and meet other members. You can fill out an application there if you like what you see. I can also meet you there at another time and give you a tour since it is getting dark so early now. Thanks for the interest!

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Treaster99 View Post
    Yes the club is still open. Dues are 40.00 or 50 per year, you are required to attend two 4 hour work parties per year or pay a fine of 25 per missed work party. We have 11 acres, numerous archery ranges. pistol from 5 to 25 yards. rifle up to one hundred. We offer four hunter trapper courses per year. If interested there is a meeting at the clubhouse the third Thursday each month at 7:30 pm, come early and have some food and meet other members. You can fill out an application there if you like what you see. I can also meet you there at another time and give you a tour since it is getting dark so early now. Thanks for the interest!
    Thanks for letting us know. I don't have any free time at the moment but after the first of the year i will be able to go to the meeting.

(Lancaster County)

If I'm unable to come on a Thursday nigbt(I work) ho would I go a out joining?