Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default LTCF in Northampton County

I know this topic has been covered, but I recently applied for my LTCF on March 25th 2010. I was wondering when the earliest I would hear anything back and if they usually call references. Also, what kinds of questions they would ask my references. I have nothing on my record except for a traffic violation in 2005. If I could get responses to this thread it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: LTCF in Northampton County

Quote Originally Posted by Glock19_NoStovePipe View Post
    I know this topic has been covered, but I recently applied for my LTCF on March 25th 2010. I was wondering when the earliest I would hear anything back and if they usually call references. Also, what kinds of questions they would ask my references. I have nothing on my record except for a traffic violation in 2005. If I could get responses to this thread it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I cannot comment on the speed Northampton processes applications, because I honestly have no clue. However, it's highly unlikely that they'll actually call your references, as it seems the sheriffs like to rely on the background check they run and not waste the time calling.

Even if they do call, I'm sure you made certain to put down references you trust, and I doubt the questions would be too ridiculous.

If all you have is a traffic violation, assuming it's not a DUI or something serious along those lines, it's highly doubtful that it will be any kind of issue.

Some counties like to take their time, and as long as it's still within 45 days I wouldn't get concerned.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the reply, Nope not a DUI, just a disregard to a traffic control device which I believe is a summary traffic violation. I hope they don’t take the whole 45 days to process my LTCF. Fishing season is upon us and I want security while fishing along the Delaware River on those late night cat fishing and striper outings

(Northampton County)

Northampton County was taking all 45 days they had before the previous Sheriff got the boot. The new guy has things moving a lot quicker.

I got mine 22 days from the time I turned in the paperwork til it showed up in my mailbox.

(Northampton County)

When the old Sheriff was in it took 3 weeks to mailbox. Don't know about now.

However, I would call at 3 weeks. They are happy to answer questions and check status. I'm glad I called. Mine had an address problem and they probably would have sat on it a couple weeks. Instead I got it a day or two after my phone call.

They do not check references as a matter of routine.

I applied for mine on 15 March.

They did call my work to verify employment. Since they have my direct line, I had to hand the phone off.

Did you get your renewal letter 60 days in advance? Mine was date 10 March and received 12 March.

The race is on, who get their LTCF first.

(Northampton County)

I’m looking forward to getting my LTCF. I hope it gets here fast. I have plenty of firearms I can carry. Does anyone want to give me advice as what to carry? I have an S&W 40VE, Glock 19, KAHR CW9 9mm, and Phoenix Arms .22. Any ideas? The Glock is my baby though, so don’t bash it ha-ha, I love it.

(Northampton County)

3 days the last time. Submitted and paid on Friday, received the following Tuesday.
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/amamruoy/sigline-1-1-1-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post

They did call my work to verify employment. Since they have my direct line, I had to hand the phone off.
    Being employed is not a requirement to get your LTCF. <----- That is directed at the sheriff, not tsor39

(Northampton County)

I just moved to Bangor from FL and have a FL CWL. Does already having a CWL make the process any faster? I know I can carry with my FL CWL and I have been since I got here. But I would like to obtain a PA LTCF since I will be getting a PA DL in the next week or so. Thanks for any input.

-Mike

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast