Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Philadelphia Police Warn of Rash of Break-In Assaults

Philadelphia police are warning residents in the lower northeast of a series of house break-ins where residents were assaulted in the overnight hours. In two of the incidents the victims were children.

http://www.kyw1060.com/Rash-of-Break...theast/6700056

(Berks County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Police Warn of Rash of Break-In Assaults

Philadelphia police are warning residents in the lower northeast of a series of house break-ins where residents were assaulted in the overnight hours. In two of the incidents the victims were children.

Police say the latest incident occured around 11:00pm Tuesday night in the 1100 block of Kerper Street where a 12-year-old girl was asleep in her bed. The intruder allegedly punched her. The child bit his finger and the man fled. Another incident occured February 28th around 2:30 in the morning in the 1400 block of Levick Street where a 10-year-old girl was sexually assaulted in a bedroom. An elderly babysitter physically struggled with the man to force him from the property.

Captain John Darby is with the Special Victims Unit:

"We're asking folks in the area, we have a warm weekend coming up, the weather is going to be changing people leaving windows open, pay particular attention."

On March 7th around 1:00am in the 1400 block of Lardner Street, police say a 22-year-old woman asleep on her couch awakened to find a man in her dining room. She fled the property, out the front door. Police say the intruder fled out the back door.
    What the hell is wrong with people?

(Philadelphia County)

Exclamation Re: Philadelphia Police Warn of Rash of Break-In Assaults

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post

Criminals that assault children are the scum of the Earth!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post

Doors are locked
    Firearms are cocked

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain John Darby
    Captain John Darby is with the Special Victims Unit:

"We're asking folks in the area, we have a warm weekend coming up, the weather is going to be changing people leaving windows open, pay particular attention."
    "...but don't arm yourselves, whatever you do. It'll only be taken away and used on you. You're 99% more likely to die if you own a gun. The best response to rape is to lie back and think of England. My men will be there soon to outline your corpse with chalk."

(Delaware County)

Totally unrelated to this particular news story, but it made me think ....
    I had a conversation with a Philly bike cop on the street today, and it was so refreshing to hear a level-headed police officer who said he sees nothing wrong with citizens arming themselves for self-protection. In fact, he said it's nice to see people taking an interest in their own protection.
    I don't know, I guess I just wanted to share this with everyone, since we sometimes forget cops are people just like you and I, and opinions on firearms will surely vary just as opinions on anything does. All in all, good conversation!