Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default journalist seeking interview subjects

Hi Everyone!
    Some of you may know me by now as sort of the resident reporter on PAFOA. Actually, I do write for a living, and I'm getting ready to do an enterprise story for a Philadelphia newspaper that has the potential to have widespread exposure. Those of you who know me know I may be that rare breed; a journalist who is pro-2A. The article I'm preparing to do will explore the notions of self-protection, self-reliance, self-defense, all very Philadelphia-centric. I would like to examine urban gun owners, those who carry on a daily basis, those who may have been opposed to guns in the past, but who changed their philosophies after having something done to them personally, or their family members, that caused them to wise up and realize guns are mere tools, and ones that people are choosing more and more in this day and age as the preferred option to protect themselves and their loved ones. I would like to speak to the ladies in particular, since I really hope to get the female voice in there, and show readers that despite the myths, the women believe in protecting themselves with firearms too. I want to explore the idea of people taking their protection into their own hands, and not relying on the police to help them, especially in a city where crime is constant, and officers are overworked. I want to explore it all.
    So ... that said, I'm really looking to interview some folks, preferably those who reside within the city limits, who would like to give modern-day gun owners the exposure they deserve. I think it's time average people realize there's a happy medium between flaming liberal anti and "gun nut." It's time people realize there are everyday average folks out there for whom a gun is just a tool, and one that doesn't need to instill fear.
    If anyone is interested in being interviewed, (I may even be able to grant anonymity to those who don't want to use their names), please PM me. Hope to hear from some of you soon!
    P.S. I'll most likely be at the rally/counter protest at The Shooter's Shop in Kensington around 4 p.m. Friday, so we can always catch up then as well if in-person interviews are preferable to phone chats. I'll be the one with the reporter's notepad.

Default Re: journalist seeking interview subjects

lets us know when the story is up

(Delaware County)

Default Re: journalist seeking interview subjects

Hey everyone,
    The story is progressing nicely, however, I just corresponded with the editors, and they would like me to interview more Philly residents who carry for protection. As deadline is fast approaching, I was really hoping to interview some additional subjects. Basically, the only criteria is that you live in the city and carry on a regular basis for self-defense. Please reach out to me through the forum, including PM'ing me if that's the easiest way, so I can get this story out there. Thanks!!!
    J.