Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Official Response from Regal Entertainment Group about OC/CC

Since I am heading to the movies tonight, I figured I would call AMC theater's corporate office (Regal Entertainment Group) to find out what their weapons policy is.

I called the corporate office this afternoon and was tranferred to a lovely young lady, who's name I did not get, who said that she believes the policy is "No Guns." However, she was not sure, so she tranferred me to the Vice President of Human Resources, Jackie McLure. Jackie was tied up on the phone (oooh kinky! ...sorry) so the person who tranferred me there took the call back and took my information. Hopefully, I will hear back from the VP of HR shortly, and I will update this thread with the info.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; April 1st, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Junior

Default Re: Official Response from Regal Entertainment Group about OC/CC *PENDING*

why the hell would you call and ask permission to do something that doesn't require it. you may want to just CC from now on

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Official Response from Regal Entertainment Group about OC/CC *PENDING*

A wise old man once taught me:

Don't stir shit, it won't stink.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    why the hell would you call and ask permission to do something that doesn't require it. you may want to just CC from now on
    If I plan on openly carrying onto private property, I'd like to know whether or not the property owners allow it, before I show up OCing and they tell me it's against the rules and they tell me to either cover up/go put it in the car or leave.

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    A wise old man once taught me:

Don't stir shit, it won't stink.
    I wouldn't really call it stirring the shit - I prefer to refer to this as "Pre-emptive knowledge acquisition."
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; March 31st, 2010 at 02:44 PM.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Since I am heading to the movies tonight, I figured I would call AMC theater's corporate office (Regal Entertainment Group) to find out what their weapons policy is.

I called the corporate office this afternoon and was tranferred to a lovely young lady, who's name I did not get, who said that she believes the policy is "No Guns." However, she was not sure, so she tranferred me to the Vice President of Human Resources, Jackie McLure. Jackie was tied up on the phone (oooh kinky! ...sorry) so the person who tranferred me there took the call back and took my information. Hopefully, I will hear back from the VP of HR shortly, and I will update this thread with the info.

I will ask you a couple questions, if you don't mind?

Why would you call? Is there a sign on the door?
    Do you call all businesses that you enter?

I was in Acme, Gentiles, Beneficial bank and Radio Shack Sunday morning. I never thought to call any of them. Last night I was at the west Chester Diner.
    Where do you draw the line on who you call.

I am seriously not trying to be a PITA, I am just curious why ?
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Sorry Viper, I MUST agree with Dannytheman. WHY?????
    1 step at a time will get you through a hard journey!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    I will ask you a couple questions, if you don't mind?

Why would you call? Is there a sign on the door?
    Do you call all businesses that you enter?

I was in Acme, Gentiles, Beneficial bank and Radio Shack Sunday morning. I never thought to call any of them. Last night I was at the west Chester Diner.
    Where do you draw the line on who you call.

I am seriously not trying to be a PITA, I am just curious why ?
    Since you asked so nicely...

Normally I do not call ahead, so to speak. The only reason I am calling ahead to this one is because I am going to an event where I know there will be a line of people to go into the theater, since it's a contest winner's invitation only viewing. As such, if I know the corporate policies beforehand, and an un-informed theater manager comes strolling up to me telling me in front of a hundred and fifty people that I can't carry in there and I have to leave, I can politely and kindly inform him of the actual policy (or lack thereof), without him causing a scene in front of a whole bunch of people. This would also avoid me being "banned" from winning other public-event contests from this particular radio station.

If it weren't for this event and the circumstances of it, I would just walk right on up in there.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

I wouldn't really call it stirring the shit - I prefer to refer to this as "Pre-emptive knowledge acquisition."
    So if they never had a policy until you brought it up, honestly, in todays state of affairs, in which direction do you think that "Pre-emptive knowledge acquisition" is going to lean?
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    So if they never had a policy until you brought it up, honestly, in todays state of affairs, in which direction do you think that "Pre-emptive knowledge acquisition" is going to lean?
    Well, maybe they'll make a policy. But until they start putting metal detectors in movie theaters, it won't be anything to worry about if you don't mind CCing.
    Junior

Since you asked so nicely...

Normally I do not call ahead, so to speak. The only reason I am calling ahead to this one is because I am going to an event where I know there will be a line of people to go into the theater, since it's a contest winner's invitation only viewing. As such, if I know the corporate policies beforehand, and an un-informed theater manager comes strolling up to me telling me in front of a hundred and fifty people that I can't carry in there and I have to leave, I can politely and kindly inform him of the actual policy (or lack thereof), without him causing a scene in front of a whole bunch of people. This would also avoid me being "banned" from winning other public-event contests from this particular radio station.

If it weren't for this event and the circumstances of it, I would just walk right on up in there.
    better to ask forgiveness then permission and concealed means concealed. if you don't want to go unarmed and not have to worry about things just hide it. asking permission to carry is just sad man

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast