Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default SPR glass and mount

I think I'm going to order the SWFA 3-15 for my 556 SPR. I was going to order the standard ADM Recon but then I saw this one with 20moa added in. I'm going to shoot at 100 at minimum and mostly 200-800m. Should I consider the 20moa adjustment or stay with the standard? I'm leaning towards the 20moa.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-15x42-Tact...pe-P62238.aspx

http://swfa.com/American-Defense-AD-...nt-P57442.aspx

http://swfa.com/American-Defense-AD-...nt-P46604.aspx

Thanks

(Berks County)

Default Re: SPR glass and mount

I've got the straight 10x SWFA scope & I like that. The mil-quad reticle is really nice & once you get used to mil/mil, you'll never want to go back to moa adjustments. No experience with the 3-15 though, but I would imagine the glass is decent & the turrets give relatively solid clicks. I would definitely go with the extra 20moa riser.

For all of my rifles, I go with 20MOA bases. It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Those SWFA optics are very good optics for the money. If you are not in a rush, SWFA has some great Black Friday deals.

I've owned a dozen or more of the SWFA optics. The 3-15 is nice and I have one, but if you can spring for more...upgrade to the 5-20 Illuminated with MIL and Mil-quad reticle.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    For all of my rifles, I go with 20MOA bases. It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Those SWFA optics are very good optics for the money. If you are not in a rush, SWFA has some great Black Friday deals.

I've owned a dozen or more of the SWFA optics. The 3-15 is nice and I have one, but if you can spring for more...upgrade to the 5-20 Illuminated with MIL and Mil-quad reticle.
    I'm not necessarily in a rush but next BF is a little far away. I wish I could afford the 5-20! It looks like a killer scope, but that's way more stretch than I have.

(Franklin County)

Ordered the SWFA 3-15 and the ADM Recon mount with extra 20moa added in.