Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: how to mount a red dot?

Thanks for the feed back guys,

I got up this morning and messed with it. I was able to work the claps far enough into possition and slide the BUIS down just enough so is didnt interfere with the charging handle. Because the covers are just removable rubber and not flip up It just allows me to take them off. This configuration should work to my satisfaction.

One thing I did want to note is that this specific sight is not magnified. while from a comfort standpoint its not the best, if I absolutely had to (in an emergency) I could look through the BUIS, through the red dot and to the front sight. I will find out how accurate this will be tomorrow.

Thanks for the help to all of you. I absolutely love this organization

Got my 1st ar, spike's mid length. and got eotech 516 as a gift. i haven't zeroed yet, but i got the eotech all the way forward. can some one tell me a little more bout co witnessing. is the dot on top of the front sight? do i cowitness with the rear sites also? the rear sights are samson's flip up iron.

Absolute co-witness is when the EOTec's red dot lines up with your iron sights.

A lot of people, myself included, prefer a lower 1/3 co-witness. With 1/3 co-witness, when you look through the EAOtec, the red dot is above the iron sights.

If you haven't sighted your rifle in yet, I'd sight it in with iron sights first, then put the EAOtec on & sight it in.

I forgot to mention. To get 1/3 co-witness, you usually need a riser to raise the RDS up a bit.
    Last edited by IronButt; December 31st, 2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: addition
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12