Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Question Bushnell Tropy red/green T dot scope, any and all opinions welcome

Hey all, I just ordered the Busnell Trophy red/green T dot scope, specs on this scope are: Power / Obj Lens: 1x 32mm
    Finish: Matte
    Length (in / mm): 6.75 / 172
    Reticle: 3 M.O.A. Dot, Red / Green T Dot
    Field of View (ft@100 ft. / m@100 m): 44 / 14.6
    Adj Range in@100yds/ mm@100m: 70 / 1.9
    Weight (oz. / g): 15.6 / 442
    Exit Pupil (mm): 32
    Eye Relief (in / mm): Unlimited
    Mounting Length (in / mm): 5.8 / 146
    Model: 730132P
    Click Value in@100 yds / mm@100m: .25 / 7

Some other features:
    •Multi-coated optics
    •Red and Green T-Dot Reticle
    •Amber-Bright high contrast lens coating
    •100% waterproof/fogproof/shockproof construction
    •Dry-nitrogen filled
    •CR2032 battery
    **Also the newer Bushnell Trophy's have iron sights on the top of the scope for quick CQB, i don't know how good they would be but it's an option on them.

I ordered this scope with the intentions of using it on a Samson rear sight rail for the AK47, the rail replaces the rear sight with a optices rail and rear sight (I have the Tech sight installed on mine but with the Samson rail i can see thru it so I can switch from scope to iron sights with ease) I also just purchased an AR-15 so depending how it takes the 7.62x39 recoil and how it looks i may or may not use it on the AR but would prefer to use it on the AK.

If anyone has any experience with this scope or just an opinion i would love to hear it, i am trying to make sure that every firearm i put optics on, the optics are rugged, reliable and operator friendly, thanks to all in advance.

Also the price is about $150.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

Default Re: Bushnell Tropy red/green T dot scope, any and all opinions welcome

If you're referring to one of these: http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell...e-730132p.html

I bought one of those in Nov or Dec for my AR. Over the winter I only got about 400 rounds shot with it on, but it seems to be doing OK. Battery life is good, (I've put it away with the power on & forgot about it for days,--more than once). It holds zero & I particularly like the "T" dot. It makes it much easier to find the dot in bright sunlight. Maybe it's just my old eyes, but the green is pretty much useless for me. I can't see it in daylight.

At the time I was looking at them they were $149 & I was debating on it. Then I watched the price creep lower & lower until it got to $79, so I jumped on it.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Monroe County)

ive used one on a FS2000, and it worked fine. but then it got swapped onto a SA-58 and that gun just beat the thing to hell and died after only a short while. should be fine tho on an AK.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

I have an OLD red dot on my Mossberg turkey gun & like it, so I thought I'd give this one a try on the AR. (Hell, I've wasted $79 on more frivolous stuff before.) I like it so far & it returns to zero at 50 yds when I remove & replace it.
    It's a cool toy, but I'm a firm believer that 2 weeks after the SHTF, iron sights will rule the world.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Philadelphia County)

Wow you only paid $79, great deal. I paid $140 for mine.....the worst part is...I ordered a Samson rear sight w/optics rail, it replaces the rear sight on the AK and has a rear sight with a path under the rail to see, I have a Tech-sight that goes where the recoil spring button goes, actually takes the place of that button and comes with it's own dust cover, so I just wanted it to see thru with the tech-sight and I don't have a side rail mount either. I ordered the Samson rail....they TOOK my money....and NEVER sent it to me !! A week later I called MS (Mounting Solutions) and they CASUALLY said ohh were out of stock, should be in in a FEW WEEKS !!! I was like excuse me !?!?!? you took my money WTF, they said they'll refund me, will take 7-10 buisness days...I didn't even let her finish, I said that's illegal without any notification and you shouldn't take my money until you send the product or KNOW you even have it....very mad but went to Samson direct the guy said end of this past week they would have them....nope they don't, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else or anything lke it....now I'm screwed until they HOPEFULLY get it in so I can test this bushnell trophy out and make sure there's no problems with it.

Happy Easter !
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!