Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default K-Mart vs WallMart (ammo)

I recently moved to Monroe County I have a K-Mart and a Wallmart right across the street from each other. As far as a can tell they sell a lot of the same stuff... at about the same price. I have only been into Kmart once... and that was to see what they had. I saw what they did not have...Ammo.

It seems that K-mart took all the ammo out of their stores. As a result I only go to Wallmart to shop. The way it usually works is that I either go to Wallmart to buy things for the house, and buy six boxes of ammo while there.... or I go to Wallmart to buy Ammo, and end up buying other things for the house. Given that I just had a new house built, you can imagine the amount of money I have spent at Wallmart since in the last 6 months. Hint... over $3,000. This is all money the K-Mart did not get because they do not carry ammo. I hope this message gets around to K-Mart.

Default Re: K-Mart vs WallMart (ammo)

isn't this a result of anti's protesting that the ammo used in the Columbine shootings came from Kmart.
    I believe it was part of Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine", from what I understand.

Totally asinine.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah. Don't hold your breath on Kmart rushing to appease a handful of gun owners after they worked hard to remove all but the blaze orange overalls in their "sporting goods" dept. over the last several years.
    I wonder how many of you even remember seeing rifles in Kmarts.

As for Wmart. give it a few more years, tops - they will dump the "hunting" stuff as well. They have already cut back drastically over the last few years.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

I worked as a manager for Kmart from 2002 - 2006. You are correct about them removing their "pistol" ammo after Moore and a group from Columbine requested it. All pistol ammo was removed except for 22lr. Most Kmarts no longer sell rifles or shotguns anymore due to the regulations of FFL's. They determined it was to big of a risk since they had minimum wage sales persons. It is really determined by the local laws and management. The Kmart in East Lampeter, PA doesnt sell guns of any type due to township ordinances. The Kmart in Lancaster ( 3 miles away ) does because they are allowed to. Same goes with the Walmarts in the same towns.

I agree that Kmart will probably discontinue their sporting goods dept. soon. Then again Kmart will be lucky to be around at all in another 3-5 years.
    No longer posting

Both of the local wallys in lancaster do not sell guns, but lucky for me I live in York where both of them do

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    I worked as a manager for Kmart from 2002 - 2006. You are correct about them removing their "pistol" ammo after Moore and a group from Columbine requested it. All pistol ammo was removed except for 22lr. Most Kmarts no longer sell rifles or shotguns anymore due to the regulations of FFL's. They determined it was to big of a risk since they had minimum wage sales persons. It is really determined by the local laws and management. The Kmart in East Lampeter, PA doesnt sell guns of any type due to township ordinances. The Kmart in Lancaster ( 3 miles away ) does because they are allowed to. Same goes with the Walmarts in the same towns.

I agree that Kmart will probably discontinue their sporting goods dept. soon. Then again Kmart will be lucky to be around at all in another 3-5 years.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    Both of the local wallys in lancaster do not sell guns, but lucky for me I live in York where both of them do
    Yeah, the newer Super Wally World in Boyertown/Bechtelsville does not sell guns, yet the older smaller Wally in Pottstown does. They have to see the difference... Every time I've been to the Pottstown store the place is jumping with people looking at stuff, not just the guns. The Boyertown Wally "sporting goods" area is usually empty.

(Allegheny County)

I haven't seen rifles in a Wally World for years.

I remember when you could buy rifles and shotguns at Sears. There was also a sporting goods store at South Hills Village mall where you could get pistols. Service Merchandise used to sell guns as well.

Oh, the times they are a changing.

If I remember correctly, that P.O.S. Rosie O'Donnell was also a part of K-Mart dumping guns & ammo.

(Allegheny County)

awe thats ashame. at kmart theirs short lines, its quiet and no welfare people there. atleast not anywhere close to walmart...

looks like Kmart will soon fall to WALmart and just become a thing of the past,...kinda like Ames.
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
    looks like Kmart will soon fall to WALmart and just become a thing of the past,...kinda like Ames.
    Ames, Hills, Zaye, Murphy Mart, WT Grant, GeeBee, Woolworth's . . . .

Just looked up Woolworth's on Wikipedia and learned that Footlocker is the corporate successor to Woolworth's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast