Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Hi-Point 9mm Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    These guns are great and cheap. And you can make them look nice too. I posted a pic of mine in the pic section of the forum. They are accurate, they go bang, and I've never had mine jam while using the factory magazine. They just rock. +P rated too. Lifetime warranty. Oh, and it came with that scope too. Its a damn nice scope.

Honestly, what more do you want? Double stack mag maybe, lol

They are even coming out with a .45 ACP version in August.

How hard was it to fit that stock? I have the 995 TS, will that stock just bolt right on? I really like the way it changes the look of the rifle from stock.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Tonyfac, is that a supressor you have on the hi-point barrel? Can you tell me more about it? It looks very nice.

It's a hi-point compensator - $15 available here:

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/prod...od=HPTS995C008
    Last edited by tonyfac; June 2nd, 2010 at 06:57 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

They're cheap and fun; you need a drift, mallet, and hockey puck to take on completely apart, but its cheap to shoot, and if it ever does break or wear out, they fix it for free.

I'm terrible tempted to see if I can machine an extension for the mag, I think an AK mag spring would grab the follower just fine.

Just remember that you can buy three Moisin-Nagants for the same deuce-and-a quarter...but then there's that ammo thing...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Schuylkill County)

Just remember that you can buy three Moisin-Nagants for the same deuce-and-a quarter...but then there's that ammo thing...[/QUOTE]

I hear you on the mosin-nagants. I actually own two of them, a 91/30 and a M38 and both are beating the crap out of my shoulder even with a recoil pad.
    And the hi-point 995TS, well it's something a little different.

(Cumberland County)

When I was in the market for a pistol caliber carbine, I considered getting the Hi-Point. I don't really care how ugly the thing is if it works. The 10 round magazine is its major flaw (IMHO). I sent Hi-Point an e-mail asking them if they had plans to build the thing to accept double stack, hi-cap mags. The answer was a simple "no". (I wonder if they realize the actual percentage of the market that they are loosing due to this decision?)

I ended up getting a PPSh43 (in 9mm) from Military Gun Supply instead.

Don't be fooled by the fact that it is a 9mm. With reloads (115gr FMJ over 4.5gr W231), I can ding the 200 yd steel with regularity. It took a few rounds to get the hold over dialed in, but after that, it was all fun.

As for stopping power at 200yds, it hits at 890fps with 200ft/lbs (115gr pill, 1200fps @ muzzle, BC= 0.146). That's still enough energy to drop a zombie. Truth be told - I'm not going to engage a zombie at 200yds. I'm either going to hope he doesn't see me, or wait until he is closer.

I don't know how accurate the Hi-Point is in comparison to my PPSh, but the 9mm round is capable of 200yd hits.

As my gun smith says, "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder".
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

I have a buddy that wants to buy a hi point carbine after owning teh Hi point 45acp and 9mm. He swears by these guns and now wants the carbine.

He brought them over for me to inspect them I held the guns and got them in shooting stance but no matter how I held them I was not impressed. I guess being around 1911s, Beretta and Glocks got me spoiled I like a well made gun that balance well, feels good in my hands and points well. He was a Ruger and 1911 man but I guess hard times has made him change his mind.

Recently he called and told me he just bought a Taurus Millienum in 45acp and he was going to give the Hi point 9mm to his 22 yr old step son but he is keeping his 45 Hi point. I believe that the Taurus is BIG a step up its compact but still a lot better made gun then the Hi point in my humble O.

I've read some good write ups on the pistols and rifles that he has shown me, but from 1st hand handling them I rather save my money for a Mini-14 or CX4 or Marlin 22lr or Ruger or Taurus or one of the cheap S&W sigmas or even EAAs.

Some people like them because they shoot when you pull the trigger sometimes, I guess. I ain't feeling them not any.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    or even EAAs.
    The only negative thing I've read about EAA is that it's tough to get parts and their commercials are exceptionally cheesy. At least regarding the Witness series. EAA is just an import company. The EAA Witness series (Tangfoglio Force and T95) are CZ 75/85 clones. Some folks like them better than CZs; they are available in more calibers and changing caliber is very fast and just requires a different slide assembly and barrel.

Tangfoglios are very widespread in Europe for IPSC.

Just because EAAs are inexpensive doesn't mean they are low quality. Again, the only negative thing I've heard is availability of parts.
    Last edited by Nullifidian; June 2nd, 2010 at 02:49 PM.

I agree EAA witness are very nice guns solid and well made it is said that the witness is a cheap version of the CZ 75 which makes me think that the CZ is some kind of pistol because the EAA is built like a tank. Except for being heavy as hell the EAA has a smooth trigger in DA or SA, smooth operating controls and nice 3 dot sights feels good in your hand and points well.

I'd rate it hands above Hi Point which feels cheap clunky and not very well thought out in comparison with the EAA witness. But like I stated some people like them because they are cheap and fire when you tug on the trigger.

As for parts you only would need extra mags and bullets the things built like a tank it probably would last forever, the EAA not the Hi point.

This forum is too damn big....I just caught this thread again by accident.

The ATI stock isn't bad to fit...and I don't know what I did but the mags don't feed right now. I took it apart a few times and put it back together and its just not 100%. The thing worked PERFECT in stock form, providing I used the stock mag. Now..it doesnt. I picked up another supposed factory mag, but I can actually see differences in it. It doesnt feed right. And I bought the pro mag 15 round magazine, you can see it in the pick I have there. It never did work right. But I modified it, but its all moot now becuase the damn thing doesn't feed right to begin with.So, I noticed the mags all sit really loose in the handle, so I just put a few wraps of electrical tape around them. I THINK the original factory mag feeds OK now, but I won't swear to it. I don't have enough rounds through it. The 'supposed' factory mag still doesn't feed right, and of course, the piece of shit 15 rounder doesnt either. What do you expect for $30?... for that price the thing better gather up and reload my brass.

If you want a stock, get the other factory stock liek the one the other poster has here. You can also get folding handles, compensators etc. Thats the best deal.

Also, I picked up a custom made rail from ebay. Machined out of billet, i also bought a vertical grip. It goes up front....the WORST place to put a handle. Total waste of money, so don't do that. And whats this I see? The other hi point stock actually has its handle more reward.....more win. I also replaced the AIM 4X scope with a Tasco Red Dot...yeah, thats total win right there.

So basically, stick with anything factory Hi Point that you know came from them and you'll be 100% dandy. My .45 JHP is still function 100% flawless. The problems with my 995 are all my fault. I should have known, anything aftermarket most never fits right...and when its gone parts, thats bad news. Does anyone else have any experience with the ATI stock?
    Last edited by Franky4Fingers; June 2nd, 2010 at 06:24 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Im interested in the 45 to compare to my Kriss. But it doesnt use Glock mags right? might have to wait for keltec to make a Sub2K for my in 45 then.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast