Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Indiana workers rights

http://www.shrm.org/Advocacy/Governm.../032610_5.aspx

It would be nice if Pa. would follow along. I still can't see how it makes sense to anyone to not allow licensed people to not keep a loaded firearm locked in their own vehicle.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Indiana workers rights

although this seems like a victory for firearms rights, its a lose for the property owner.

it would be better for PA to keep allowing private property owners the right to determine what is and is not allowed on their property.

my firearm carry rights do not overrule a private property owners property rights...which is as it should be.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by DaveIam View Post
    http://www.shrm.org/Advocacy/Governm.../032610_5.aspx

It would be nice if Pa. would follow along. I still can't see how it makes sense to anyone to not allow licensed people to not keep a loaded firearm locked in their own vehicle.
    Because, then the union thugs, would be entering a level playing field, can't have that....

(Bucks County)

Because, then the union thugs, would be entering a level playing field, can't have that....
    Wow... a lot of prejudice against union members here, little name calling huh.

Hugs not thugs...

Private property, open to the public, employing public, isn't there a way to separate these different pieces of property?

They are different than a residence. Large places of business versus, small private business without a direct public access base?

Other states did with parking lots open to the public. ACME, GIANT.. etc..

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Wow... a lot of prejudice against union members here, little name calling huh.

Hugs not thugs...

Private property, open to the public, employing public, isn't there a way to separate these different pieces of property?

They are different than a residence. Large places of business versus, small private business without a direct public access base?

Other states did with parking lots open to the public. ACME, GIANT.. etc..
    More than you can imagine.......

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    there are. but it is still a violation of the property owner's rights, and, thus, imho, still wrong.

just because the owner (or owners in the case of corporations owned by more than one person) opens his/her/their property to the public doesn't mean he/she/they actually lose their private property rights...or that the government should pretend they do. the property is still theirs. just because they open it to the public does not give the public any kind of ownership interest at all.
    F*S=k

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    there are. but it is still a violation of the property owner's rights, and, thus, imho, still wrong.
    Just playing devil's advocate here....

Is requiring property owners to furnish handicap parking spaces, and make their buildings handicap accessible violating the property owner's rights?
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Luzerne County)

I HAVE to disagree with some of the comments on here concerning private property rights. Since when has ANY employer guaranteed the safety of their employees ??? Even IN the workplace there has been numerous cases of violence by either disgruntled employees or someone just walking in off the street.

Since the employer, who will not and cannot protect me going to and from work, it is MY responsibility to do so. This type of law SHOULD be allowed. State Representative Pyle introduced such a bill to the state LAST year in Oct. and is has been in the Judiciary Committee since then.

I urge ALL concerned individuals to contact your rep and have them get this bill going, approved and passed.

Thanks

(Indiana County)

What I have in my car, parked in the company parking lot, is of no concern to the company. Now, if I attempt to remove it from my car and bring it into the company's building, then it is a valid concern.

If a company provides parking for employees, then it's providing parking for employees. Can they say what color the car can or cannot be? Can they say what make or model the car can or cannot be? Can they say what can or cannot be inside the locked vehicle? Where does it end?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here....

Is requiring property owners to furnish handicap parking spaces, and make their buildings handicap accessible violating the property owner's rights?
    I'd rep you but I don't have any rep power!

This is exactly what's been bothering me about private properties open to the public. The government already tells business owners who can and can't go through the doors. Ever try smoking indoors on "private" property open to the public? I don't smoke so it doesn't affect me but why can't the owner allow people to smoke if they want to?

My point is that the government already makes a distinction between a residence and "private property" that is zoned for business. Carrying a gun legally shouldn't be a reason for discrimination in places open to the public.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast