Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: NFA-Hughes Amendment Repeal Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by kahamlett View Post
    I do have a serious question though. What can we do as honest, hardworking, more importantly TAX paying contributing members of society to get the ball rolling through politics or through the courts on trying to reversing the MG ban or another possible amnesty?
    It's not rocket science. You:

A) Find candidates that support your views.
    B) Work with like-minded people to support those candidates and their election efforts. Make it clear that you're supporting them because of this issue.
    C) Make sure the right people and organizations know about their stances on this issue, so that the word gets out and support builds.
    D) Work hard as hell to get them elected. Make it clear that you're working hard to get them elected because of this issue.
    E) When they get elected, hold them to this issue.

Repeat this in many, many districts around the country until there's a critical mass to effect the change, and it will happen.

I didn't say it was easy. I just said it's not rocket science.

2013 will be make or break with the stars aligning with the big 3 (house, senate,pres) being republican for a loooooong time.
    James Carville said something along the lines that 2008's victory would set up a generation of Democratic/Liberal/Progressive ascendency. 2010 was the single largest political bloodbath in history.

Much like the Progressive Legislative Pogrom of 2008-2010, the GOP can only be assured of two years to accomplish what they want. Let's hope they don't pick something akin to Healthcare to waste a year of that time on and subsequently lose everything in the process.

(Allegheny County)

<snip>

I do have a serious question though. What can we do as honest, hardworking, more importantly TAX paying contributing members of society to get the ball rolling through politics or through the courts on trying to reversing the MG ban or another possible amnesty?

<snip>

Thoughts anyone?
    A successful court fight is the only hope. Provides all the political cover needed.

Years of supposedly gun-friendly Republicans haven't done squat against the NFA of 34 or 86.
    We got mail-order ammo and no more ammo bound books out of Reagan, that's all that I recall.
    Republican Bush I took our Mitchell Yugos and Action Arms Galils, et al, away... Bush II didn't do shit.

There is NO political hay to be made regardless of who you try to elect. For example, gun friendly folks elected in PA, IN, AZ, TX, etc are offset by Cali, CT, NT, MA, MI, et al.
    There is NO political capital in overturning the ban for anyone of either party.

Same reasons LEOs are loathe to sign-off; they don't want to be the one associated to the nutcase that goes off the handle.
    Last thing they (or an elected official) wants is for the Marty Griffiths of the world to discover that they were the one "who was for private MGs for the nutjobs".
    The anti's would have a field day dragging that factoid out.

Got to win in courts, or continue to pay $3K-$4K for a small supply of $100.00 guns.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lehigh County)

I hope a well the republicans don't (excuse me) piss the chance away too. Both parties have a habit of doing that.

As for 'winning in the courts, how can that getting rolling?' I read somewhere that in '87 or '88 a guy tryed to Form 1 a class 3 rifle and was naturely shot down by the ATF as per MG law. He was from GA and took it to district court and won the decision. Long story short, went to the Supreme Court and they of course refused to hear the case. Would something similar to this be starting down the court process?

Anyone know any good law firms and got a bunch of money stored in their closet?

(Washington County)

It's unfortunate that this was all done 3 years before I was even born. This is truly an unAmerican law that should and needs to be repealed. Unfortunately, I don't see this ever happening in my life... I'm more likely to get my hands on an M16 after someone from the Army drops it during the zombie apocalypse while he gets his face chewed off. At that point, the ATF won't matter. Again, the zombie apocalypse is just as likely as President Obama repealing it this week. I just can't see it, though I wish I could. There's nothing that can really be done except take it to court, like stated above. But it will get shot down all the way to the Supreme Court. And with Obama's puppets on the bench, it's not happening.

I would do crazy things for a chance to own a Glock 18, a G.E. M134, 1919 and M2 Brownings as well as a few M16s. And when you look at prices for these things now, if you can even own one, you'll spend your life savings and then some. Glock 18, rumor has it there are a few floating around in the U.S that are transferable (highly doubtful, as everyone into full auto says they've never seen one). M134, there was one posted for sale a year or so ago for a cool $275,000. Yeah, I'd love one of those beasts! Hopefully you'd have money left for ammo after spending that considering 3,000 rpm. The brownings are $30-80,000. M16s are running $8K-25K.

Sure wish I could afford any of those!

(Montgomery County)

I hope a well the republicans don't (excuse me) piss the chance away too. Both parties have a habit of doing that.

As for 'winning in the courts, how can that getting rolling?' I read somewhere that in '87 or '88 a guy tryed to Form 1 a class 3 rifle and was naturely shot down by the ATF as per MG law. He was from GA and took it to district court and won the decision. Long story short, went to the Supreme Court and they of course refused to hear the case. Would something similar to this be starting down the court process?

Anyone know any good law firms and got a bunch of money stored in their closet?
    You mean he lost right? If he won that would mean he can legally oen it now..

(Allegheny County)

Regardless of whos in the Oval Office; the robed-solomons in the job-for-life Supremes can pretty much decide whatever they want to do each day.

These guns were once less than a quality semi; a commercial Reising complete with factory-fitted hardcase and 4 mags for $200.00, tube Stens for $120.00, MAC-10s for $75.00, A-O 1928s for $500.00, MG42s for like $2000.00 and so on.

(Lehigh County)

I forget what happened to the guy in GA with his court case. All I remember is it said it went for review for the Federal Supreme Court and they declined to hear his case. As I think they do with about 90% others. Far as I know it died there.

I hate to start talking politics because their like A-holes, everybody has one but I just hoping that the stars align in 2013 with the house, senate and WH that finally at last their might be a chance to push some sort of bill through reversing this mess. I hear the slogans that we are a 'united' nation but I don't really believe that nonsense. But what I do believe is that if the firearms community is not 'united' in its stance wether you own a pistol, shotgun or MG, the Left will pick us apart like warm bread and we will end up like England, France, Germany, South Africa, Australia pretty much the known world. The United States is the last obsticule before a world gun ban goes into effect backed and enforced by the U.N.

(Pike County)

I highly doubt this law will ever be repelled thanks to the anti-gun folks and the people in the gun community who feel your wasting ammo unless your killing some poor animal with a bolt action rifle or pump action shotgun. Too many obstacles that are absolutely impossible to overcome. So badly I want to own a FA M1928 or M1A1 (Tommy Gun) before I die, how much are they going for now? I bet if I ever find the scratch it will cost 2-3 times more by the time I can afford it.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I highly doubt this law will ever be repelled thanks to the anti-gun folks and the people in the gun community who feel your wasting ammo unless your killing some poor animal with a bolt action rifle or pump action shotgun. Too many obstacles that are absolutely impossible to overcome. So badly I want to own a FA M1928 or M1A1 (Tommy Gun) before I die, how much are they going for now? I bet if I ever find the scratch it will cost 2-3 times more by the time I can afford it.
    Take heart in the fact that if you win the lotto SOON - it is still somewhat of a buyers market... Their are more than a few knuckleheads that re-mortgaged their homes to buy their NFA toys - and now are really hurting for cash...

(Lancaster County)

It can be done at any time whatsoever if the same means is used to repeal it as was used to enact it: sneak it in on the fine print of a must pass bill and don't talk about it until it's done.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast