Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Sports Authority

I was at the Sports Authority in Lower Nazareth the other day just to look around at Guns, and ammo section. To my surprise they had the 22cal. pellets I use in my Marauder. I thought that was cool. Then I took them up to the front counter to pay for them. The guy ask me for my birth date. I just laughed, and said What I don't look old enough, 1960. He put in a month, and a day. Then he says You can sign now. I said I didn't swipe my card yet. He said No this is for the ammo. So I signed Mickey Mouse. Then I put my card away, and gave him cash. He said you can use your card here. I said no then you would have a record of my purchase. His manager behind said you already signed your name. I said Yes, Mickey Mouse. I already had the pellets, and my change. I smiled, and walked out with two people looking very confused. I contacted Sports Authority. They said since it is the law in Kommiefornia, it is their policy across the country now.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Sports Authority

I haven't liked Sports Authority since they got rid of guns in the NJ stores. Won't catch me in any of their stores. I'd much rather support Dicks.

(Luzerne County)

So it's the law in ONE state so the new policy affects the other 49?

(Delaware County)

Customer Service phone # is 1.888.801.9164. I called and complained about the policy. There is no email addy that I could find. If you locate one, post it, please.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Clearly a poor business decision. You would think they would see the ramifications of this beforehand.

Well, you can always get around it by giving false B-Day and signing Kaiser Wilhelm III or something.

It's easier just to not shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldemon7 View Post
    They said since it is the law in Kommiefornia, it is their policy across the country now.

Wow I guess profit is not important.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningBoy View Post
    I haven't liked Sports Authority since they got rid of guns in the NJ stores. Won't catch me in any of their stores. I'd much rather support Dicks.
    Not gonna say anything about this comment

(Couldn't help myself lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    Clearly a poor business decision. You would think they would see the ramifications of this beforehand.

Well, you can always get around it by giving false B-Day and signing Kaiser Wilhelm III or something.

It's easier just to not shop there.
    I got caught signing stupid things as Domingo Chavez. (Clancy fans will recognize that particular name)

To be honest, I haven't seen the inside of a Sports Authority in many years. I was going to stop at the new one up by the Easton/Nazareth Walmart but haven't got around to it yet.

(Montgomery County)

I haven't encountered this situation at the SA in North Wales/Montgomery Township because I only use them for fishing supplies. And only pay cash. Good for you Demon for getting a laugh at their expense.
    "bukakee ≠ waterboarding" ~tlgpa

(Monroe County)

They had a real nice gun section 10 years ago but when they stopped having a gun section I stopped shopping there.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    So it's the law in ONE state so the new policy affects the other 49?
    It's either that, or deploy different systems state by state. They likely decided "we'll lose a very tiny amount of business over this, but will save tons in IT expenses".
    This is the type of scenario that, if your systems aren't built to handle it, can be a *huge* nightmare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast