Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default A combined Archery and Handgun season

Now that, would be awesome... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Monroe County)

Default Re: A combined Archery and Handgun season

No, it wouldn't. But I'd rather see handgun the same week as early season muzzle loader then inlines.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Delaware County)

i think Arizona has a H.A.M. season for javelina, Handgun, Archery, Muzzleloader. Could be an interesting combo, but i dont think we'll see it here.
    I've never figured {in special regs where you cant use handguns} out how come a .44-.50 caliber sabot slug at around 1700fps from a shotgun is somehow safer in populated areas than a .44-.45 at 1200-1400fps from a Handgun. And if theres concern about Contenders and Encores shooting high velocity rifle calibers like .308 or 30/06 etc they can always throw the "straight wall cartridge only" clause in.
    NRA for life.

(Monroe County)

Its more about allowing that many hunters in the woods during archery season would do some massive damage to the deer herd
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lawrence County)

I don't know if it would be that much of an issue actually... I don't see that many people running out and buying a hunting handgun just to get out in the woods a little early. And make it a stamp like smokepoles, you can still hunt with a pistol during regular gun season without the stamp just like you can use a .50 smokepole during regular gun season without the stamp... It would increase revenue through the stamps and from the idiots getting caught trying to hunt with a semi-auto handgun... lol I think if you're carrying a .45ACP and have a hunting license with a handgun stamp, it could be conceived that you are going to be using it for hunting, which is against the regulations... I also think a handgun early season would get some people into the woods that otherwise don't want to learn to bow hunt or just physically can't draw a regular bow...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Cumberland County)

I hope this doesn't happen. I enjoy archery hunting for a couple main reasons.

1. You don't hear gunshots all the time, which makes for a relaxing time in the woods.
    2. I have seen many deer juuuuuust outside bow range that will continue unharmed, unalarmed because I don't have the ability to shoot that far.
    3. It is more about out thinking the deer and getting "amoungst em"

I think if pistols were thrown into the mix, people would be more inclined to take a shot at a deer that might be too far for their weapon. I was pretty mad when they allowed crossbows to be legal. I also think people would be putting on drives just like rifle season and that would really harm those of us who archery hunt. I like to see a fairly exclusive primitive season left in PA.
    " If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger gun"

Why not. Archery season has been ruined anyway.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by PBArcher8 View Post
    I hope this doesn't happen. I enjoy archery hunting for a couple main reasons.

1. You don't hear gunshots all the time, which makes for a relaxing time in the woods.
    2. I have seen many deer juuuuuust outside bow range that will continue unharmed, unalarmed because I don't have the ability to shoot that far.
    3. It is more about out thinking the deer and getting "amoungst em"

I think if pistols were thrown into the mix, people would be more inclined to take a shot at a deer that might be too far for their weapon. I was pretty mad when they allowed crossbows to be legal. I also think people would be putting on drives just like rifle season and that would really harm those of us who archery hunt. I like to see a fairly exclusive primitive season left in PA.
    Hello PB,

We went to the PGC Meeting and requested .... Handgun : Revolver .... in " Pistol Calibers Only " .... in the ' Special Regs ' area

Revolver .. S/A or D/A

Caliber .. .357, .44, .45 , .50 ... well, I think you get the picture, if you can put it in a revolver, it would be legal

Special Regs Area .. currently only Shotgun, Archery, Flintlock

..... as mentioned previously, you can use any of the above already except in Special Regs

I currently don't hunt my own property in Special Regs Area because I don't enjoy shotgun, archery or flintlock .... up until somewhere around the '80's I could still use a rifle on my own property

Please note : we did not request a ' Special ' season, only the ability to use a revolver during the regular firearms season.

Could you use a T/C Contender ... sure ... if you're using a " Pistol Caliber " , not a barrel chambered for lets say, 30-30WCF or 7-30 Waters, etc.

I don't know if other guys favor a ' Special Season ' ..... I don't .... as a matter of fact, I'd prefer a reduction and possibly a moratorium in some areas to allow for pop rebound
    " For the left, Freedom IS a Fringe Idea "