Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Moving to Philadelphia

Hello:
    I was in the process of applying for a LTCF here in Boston when I was told that I would be relocating to Philadelphia starting in July. Now the process applying here in MA and especially Boston is quite tortuous so as a result I still have not officially filed with the BPD. I thought that it would be easier just to wait and apply when I move in the summer to PA but I do not have any references from PA, all are in MA ( those that are non family and know me 7+ years). My questions to those experienced with the process down in Philly is if I will be denied because my references are out of state, and if so what can you recommend I do? I know the process in Philadelphia is rough in comparison to the rest of the state, but I cant imagine it being worse than Boston. I appreciate any help, and look forward to being a productive member of the forum once I get settled in!
    Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Moving to Philadelphia

In my opinion you should find a place to live just outside of this city if it isn't too late....For more reasons than just the LTCF.

(Philadelphia County)

I had references who lived outside of Philadelphia and so did my wife. They never called the references. Other Phila members have said the same. Having out of state references are not reasons for denial or have there ever been any case cited. You should be just fine.

Other than taking 10 weeks to get your LTCF, the process is far from being painful. They do have a verbal interview. Get to the Gun Permit Unit 10 minutes before they open, wait at the door so you will be in and out in less than 30 minutes. Otherwise, you'll be there for 1 or 2 hours.

Don't let anyone talk you out of moving to Philly, particularly to Center City. It's an awesome city for all that it has to offer, especially if you like Boston or if you're a city person. Gun laws are no different in Philly than the rest of the state, except for LTCF required to OC.

Feel free to PM me if you need advice on where to live or anything you want to know about Philly living.

Al

If you must live within the city limits I would apply for a FL or UT non res.
    Both are legal regardless of what Philly may claim. You can apply now and be ready by the time you move.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Philadelphia County)

Living in Philly is awesome, particularly the closer you are to Center City!

You'll have access to great food, great entertainment, and generally the people are really cool. You'll love it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Delaware County)

both of my references were called..and VERY early in the morning. I do not live in Philadelphia though..just outside of it.

yeah..Philadelphia is so great..like having a lot of crime, high taxes, higher sales taxes, higher insurance costs, etc. etc. etc..
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Do NOT listen to LorDiego.... as much as we value his opinions here, he's dead wrong on this one.

You do NOT want to live in Philly and pay Philly taxes if you value your gun rights. You will be stomped on every step of the way. It is likely your application will be denied (illegally) regardless of how many hoops you jump through.

I recommend one of the surrounding counties. There are some nice and affordable places to live all around that don't have you living in that cesspool.

(Bucks County)

I live in Philly and will be leaving ASAP. You are not properly represented in City council. You do not benefit from living in the city at all. Higher taxes, terrible politicians, different laws, and the constant reaming by the politicians.

THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT 2A.
    Yes they do. They care very much about subverting or ignoring it every chance they get.

If must move to the cancer known as Philthy make sure you get yourself a hi-cap pistol to carry, like a Draco with a 75 rd drum. That way your prepared when the next "flash mob" that breaks out. Or when you go to a Phillies game, or when your walking home in Old City, or when your riding the train to Starbucks, or when..................
    Last edited by 7998; March 28th, 2010 at 08:36 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast