Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Bucks County)

Default Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 (Value??)

I bought a NIB Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 about 10 years ago. I shot it a handful of times when I first had it, and never had a issue. Well it sat in my safe for the last 7 years, and I took it out to shoot it, and it seems to have developed a issue with jamming. It seemed fine the first 20 rounds, and then it had a problem feeding. I cleaned it up and it tried it again today, but it started acting up again after 20 rounds. I think I just want to sell this gun, because I never use it. What is a fair selling price for this? I have the original box and manual.
    -Mark

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 (Value??)

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I know technically this is a pistol, but yet it is really is a Ar-15. I thought I might catch more of the AR-15 guys by posting it here. Mine looks just like this:
    -Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

Im thinking the lack of handguards could be causing you an issue with feeding. Its possible that without support in the front the muzzle jump could be interfering with the cartridge when it makes the jump from the mag to the chamber.

Never owned an AR-pistol so this is a WAG, but youll get more for it if it is functioning properly than if you disclose problems.

(York County)

I have a bushmaster carbon 15 and had the same issues and could not resolve it so I took it to a reputable gunsmith and he could not find anything wrong. Long story short, it was the ammo. It did not like Fiocchi and since I switched(that was the only time I used Fiocchi and the only time I had problems) I is operating just fine.

(Bucks County)

i sold mine for about 650 bucks right after the 94 ban expired but i doubt you could get that much for one these days because there's so many more choices for AR15 pistols. my proord carbon 15 jammed a few times per mag if i used the oralite mag the pistol came with. when i tried to use some of my aluminum mags the c15 wouldn't feed worth crap and became a jammomatic. as i recall there were a lot of issues with the carbon 15 rifles and pistols and proord either didn't have the know how or resources to correct the problems so they went out of buisiness and sold the design to bushmaster. it took BM a while to wrok out the bugs but i think they finally resolved all the issues and now if you buy a BM C15 you'll likely have a reliable ar15 style pistol. i'd call BM and see if they'll work on your pistol or you can check gunbroker, auctionarms or gunsamerica and see what others are asking for proord guns.