Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default I've got the Fever

My first handgun (and first firearm) was a CZ-75B, purchased about 5 months ago. I have to say, looking back, I don't think I could have done better. I love it. Last week, I picked up a Springfield XDm 40, and have had that to the range twice. Like it a lot, and though I first was bothered by the backstrap/grip safety, I didn't really notice it at all this time out. Looking forward, I'm not sure I'd buy another polymer frame pistol, and so now, I've got my eye on a SIG Sauer P229 Elite. It all started innocently enough, but now, I see there may be no end to the collection fever. Should have bought a giant wall safe from the start, I guess.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: I've got the Fever

Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    My first handgun (and first firearm) was a CZ-75B, purchased about 5 months ago. I have to say, looking back, I don't think I could have done better. I love it. Last week, I picked up a Springfield XDm 40, and have had that to the range twice. Like it a lot, and though I first was bothered by the backstrap/grip safety, I didn't really notice it at all this time out. Looking forward, I'm not sure I'd buy another polymer frame pistol, and so now, I've got my eye on a SIG Sauer P229 Elite. It all started innocently enough, but now, I see there may be no end to the collection fever. Should have bought a giant wall safe from the start, I guess.
    Heh, I think we all know what you're feeling. Something I bought recently that i'll never regret is a .22 pistol. The way ammo prices are it was a great move for me. Ruger MKIII. Awesome piece, solid hunk of steel, shoots anything I feed it, for cheap too.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Berks County)

Guess what? I got a FEVER...And the only prescription...is more Sig Sauer!

These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

(Chester County)

Take both of the suggestions and buy a Sig that takes a 22 conversion. (don't buy a sig mosquito)

Here is the kit - http://www.sigsauer.com/sigstore/Sho...&productid=316 - and I think you can buy a sig 22 with a slide and barrel in other cals.

I bought the wife a Walther .22 for Christmas, but my preference was to buy a conversion kit for my 1911's. Found a great price on a very slightly used one 3-4 months ago and use it on my Metro Arms and my Kimber Pro Carry II. I have a ball shooting them now. It allows me to get used to the triggers and feel of the guns at a lower cost per shot.

(Lawrence County)

I've got a FEVER!

And the only prescription...

is more COWBELL!!!

:P Really, I've been considering picking up a CZ as soon as the bank account permits. Sadly, I've been laid off for a looooong time and don't have much money to play with
    My first pistol was a High Point .380. Then I got a Walther P-22, then a blued Taurus 605 (.357), then a Springfield 1911-A1 hi-cap, and finally (for now!) a Ruger LCP.
    I've since sold the High Point for $40 more than I paid for it (I was offered $200, I couldn't say no, lol!) Sold the P-22, due to the layoff and lack of funding for bills. Sold the Taurus to my mother, because she's got arthritis and couldn't rack the slide on her Star 9mm anymore... 1911 and LCP are the only ones left, and I've been waiting for that fateful day when my wallet is over crowded with 50's (Mostly only in my dreams, then I wake up disappointed and realizing I still only have two pistols)

One of these days! (I hope...)
    Last edited by Grinnen13; March 27th, 2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by kunsunoke View Post
    Guess what? I got a FEVER...And the only prescription...is more Sig Sauer!

When I went out last week, I had narrowed my choices down to the XDm 40 or the P229. For whatever reason, I went with the Springfield. It's fine, but I still want the Sig Sauer. Chances are, had I bought the Sig, I wouldn't be looking for the Springfield. But, ya never know. Seems to me though, that though I can't say how big a collection I'll ultimately have, a Sig Sauer needs to be part of it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Heh, I think we all know what you're feeling. Something I bought recently that i'll never regret is a .22 pistol. The way ammo prices are it was a great move for me. Ruger MKIII. Awesome piece, solid hunk of steel, shoots anything I feed it, for cheap too.
    Thanks! Many folks have suggested I pick up a Ruger .22, and the ammo prices are a very good reason to get one.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnen13 View Post
    I've got a FEVER!

And the only prescription...

is more COWBELL!!!

:P Really, I've been considering picking up a CZ as soon as the bank account permits. Sadly, I've been laid off for a looooong time and don't have much money to play with
    My first pistol was a High Point .380. Then I got a Walther P-22, then a blued Taurus 605 (.357), then a Springfield 1911-A1 hi-cap, and finally (for now!) a Ruger LCP.
    I've since sold the High Point for $40 more than I paid for it (I was offered $200, I couldn't say no, lol!) Sold the P-22, due to the layoff and lack of funding for bills. Sold the Taurus to my mother, because she's got arthritis and couldn't rack the slide on her Star 9mm anymore... 1911 and LCP are the only ones left, and I've been waiting for that fateful day when my wallet is over crowded with 50's (Mostly only in my dreams, then I wake up disappointed and realizing I still only have two pistols)

One of these days! (I hope...)
    I was in the same position in 2001. Out of work for way too long. The essentials certainly take priority, but things will turn around for you, and when they do, treating yourself to the CZ is a good thing to have on the list of to-dos!

(Allegheny County)

Careful some of those Zombies could be Americans!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast