Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default S&W M&P 340 .357

Well I thought I would share my initial thoughts on this fine .357 pistol.

First of all, the kick was about what I thought x 5. Not horribly bad but only if you are ready for it. I got a few quick fire rounds though it too and it was not as bad as I thought with getting back on the paper with a lil' practice.

The action is great, for a snub nose I found it to be extremely accurrate and even for a person with larger hands I was able to hold it just fine. Once I got a couple of rounds through it the trigger started to smooth just a hair and the action was precise.

Back to the recoil, it was not horrible in the jolt to my hands/arms but it sure as hell tore up my webbing and thumb. (see other thread and below pictures of backside)

All in all I am very impressed with this little guy. Cannot wait to take it out again

Notice the blood on the backside of these

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: S&W M&P 340 .357

Congrats on a really nice wheel gun. It may be a .357 Mag, but in my opinion you bought the finest .38 special revolver chambered in .357 Mag...

Make sure to drink some water and eat a cookie after losing blood like that!!!

In all seriousness, a 110 grain +P load like the Hornady Critical Defense would be one fine load for such a great wheelie.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Northampton County)

Get the Glaser Safety Slug in 38 +p less recoil but still great stopping power.

(Bedford County)

what is your hand made out of tissue paper. my wife can shoot mine with no problem. or blood.

(Allegheny County)

I had the same gun and my experiance was that it was a handful when shooting 357's out of it, it swelled up my hand after 10 shots. I also had an instance where one of the unfired rounds came apart in the cylinder due to recoil. It was'nt bad when shooting 38's.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rhodest View Post
    what is your hand made out of tissue paper. my wife can shoot mine with no problem. or blood.
    I'll bet she wasn't shooting 357's.

(Philadelphia County)

I have one and it has been Magna Ported,, Kep in mind that it does not help with recoil, But does keep the muzzle down and does not punish your trigger finger.
    I've had it for 3 years and have found that I am actually carrying heavier guns now a days!
    Peter

(Pike County)

Change grips to ones that cover the backstrap. That will reduce felt recoil and save you from bleeding to death.

Your sure right about the web between the thumb and index finger.....my son's kicks like a young mule......but.......it's one fine Snubbie and great with .38+P.