Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Stolen Rifles Recovered ; ) ... Stolen in 2004!! Armalite, Arsenal, Bushmaster.. Q:

Well to make a long story short my rifles were stolen in December of 2004. The rifles were in the trunk of my Lincoln Towncar. The car was in my driveway. The rilfes are an Armalite AR-10, an Arsenal SAS-M7, and a Bushmaster xm-15 E2S... It was a very very sad day when it happened it me as I had just turned 18 and was beginning my collection.... It has been a burden on my MINDDD for the lastt dam 6 years!!! Anyway the State Police called me 25 days ago said they had them and has now just returned them to me yesterday....

When i was at the barracks I asked "When, where and how did you exactly get these rifles"... they said "Someone found them in a wooded area near their house and turned them in on Dec 2004" I then asked why werent these guns returned earlier to me?? he couldnt answer that... a bunch of bull if you ask me... They were turned in two days after thay were stolen from me??? I mean ya im happier than a pig in s*** now but i mean come on 6 years of keeping them from me??... NOt even one call or anything from them... I did report them stolen the day they went missing to this same barracks... ?? guess that didnt matter... The trooper then went on to tell me that these rifles were set to be destroyed in a day or two so I should be lucky I even got them back... wow??

Anyways, I have a question... My Armalite AR-10 seems to be a bit rare and I wanted to post a few pics and see if anyone else has anything like this cuz i cant seem to find a duplicate and Armalite says it may just be one of a handfull they felt like making that day... I would also like to know what twist the barrel might be?? as the barrel is not marked anywhere but it is def a heavy barrel... I bought this new from the dealer in November of 2004. There is a white stamp on the front of the magwell- it has an eagle, some white dots and stars... I take this to mean that the rifle left the factory complete... like the way it is now... meaning no one modified it or made it custom.. correct??... The lower is only marked Armalite.. not eagle arms or anything though i do still have the box from it(i still had hope.lol it paid off) and that does say eagle arms on it in places...The bolt catch and mag are GEN 1..I need to have those upgraded, It is a 16'' SS HBAR w SS Flash hider, Green furniture, box says Ar-10A2 Carbine .308 SST Green, Here are the pics; let me know if anymore of these exsist outhere:

Here is the Eagle Stamp:

Thanks, NEPAGUNNER

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Stolen Rifles Recovered ; ) ... Stolen in 2004!! Armalite, Arsenal, Bushmaster..

Wow. First off, glad to hear you got your stuff back! I bet that was the last call you ever expected to get after 6 years missing.

I would consider contacting a lawyer concerning why the police took 6 years to return your property. That is absolute bullshit. They couldn't even contact you and let you know they had them? What if they had destroyed them in two days (as they had planned to)? Wow, I'd be seriously pissed about that!

Oh, and I don't know much about AR-10s. Sorry.

Default Re: Stolen Rifles Recovered ; ) ... Stolen in 2004!! Armalite, Arsenal, Bushmaster..

You should be the poster child for lost or stolen FAIL.

They had your shit for 6 years and nothing.

Glad you got your rifles back.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Luzerne County)

And what is a lawyer going to do?

You should have received a call when they were recovered. No idea why it took this long. They could have been recovered, logged into the property room and forgotten about until someone was going over the paperwork for them to be destroyed and it was learned the owner was never notified.

Of course............someone will be along shortly to say a trooper was using them for his own enjoyment.

(Lehigh County)

Glad to see you finally got your guns back.

It really sucks that you had to wait all that time to get them back. I would be pissed to find out they found them 2 days after they were stolen... Then didn't call you until two days before they were going to be destroyed. (6 years later)

I am not sure what good a lawyer would do in this case though.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post

Of course............someone will be along shortly to say a trooper was using them for his own enjoyment.
    Well of course, now that the bait is placed and the trap is set.

Nepa, glad you finally have that burden off of your mind. I can't even imagine how gut-wrenching it must've been when you discovered the theft.
    "bukakee ≠ waterboarding" ~tlgpa

(Delaware County)

Congrats on getting your rifles back. If you want to find out why it took so long I would contact the Cheif or Supervisor of the barracks and see what he has to say. And if he gives you the same run around it's open season for you to rip into him and his underlings.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    And what is a lawyer going to do?

You should have received a call when they were recovered. No idea why it took this long. They could have been recovered, logged into the property room and forgotten about until someone was going over the paperwork for them to be destroyed and it was learned the owner was never notified.

so.....how were they?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I am not sure what good a lawyer would do in this case though.
    Maybe a good lawyer could see to it that the next time that a trooper was playing with someone's guns, they don't don't do it for so long.

To be fair, do the state police have a good record for getting found guns back to the owners more quickly? Could this just be a case of "slipped through the cracks"? Even with the best system, it can happen.

(Cambria County)

Glad to see you got your guns back. My uncle had a long barreled luger stolen from his home over twenty years ago. He is still as mad about it as the day it happened.
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast