Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default York IWLA Pistol Fun Shoot - Sat 03/27/10

IWLA PISTOL FUN SHOOTS

If the USPSA matches are a little too serious for you, or you just can't get enough pistol shooting, then you should try our
    monthly Fun Shoots!

Fun shoots are kind of competition-like, but mostly they are intended for anyone who likes to shoot to just come out and enjoy handguns and comraderie. This is a great venue to introduce your buddies, wives, girlfriends, and kids to shooting. We don't ask much in the way of equipment, or experience,
    just that you are safe at all times.

Our funshoots are an untimed, accuracy based event, featuring a variety of targets; PPC paper, steel, bowling pins, claybirds, a little untimed IPSC action, even the food of the month. They are run by myself Gary, and my right hand man Mark. The emphasis is on the fun. It is a good time to practice accuracy with your competition gun, play with your carry gun, or any other arm that is collecting dust (assuming it holds 6 rounds minimum).

Winners win bragging rights...
    with a team trophy shoot in Sept.

We shoot every 4th Saturday of the month.
    Setup at 8:30am
    Shooting at 10:00am
    Cost is $15.

For more detailed info, please e-mail Gary at iwlafunshoot1@comcast.net, and he'll put you on the mailing list for announcements and other important info not listed here.

Hope to see you there!
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

(York County)

Default Re: York IWLA Pistol Fun Shoot - Sat 03/27/10

sounds like fun. Do you have to be a member at the IWL to attend this? Also how much shooting time do you get?
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; March 26th, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(York County)

Don't want to hijack NightRockers thread.... but...

No, you do not need to be a member of IWL to attend and the round count for the fun shoots is usually around 100-125. Always a fun time and I am pissed off that I am gonna miss this one (AGAIN!).

Really a nice time. They do a great job putting things on and everyone has a good time with plenty of shooting! (From what I have heard the nemisis tomorrow will be some spinning steel...aka...the Texas Star!)

Hope some from the forum get to go and PLEASE post some pics or at least a good report about it!

John thanks for jumping in. I'm not on here as much, so i miss replying to alot of post. Its a fun time and the folks you meet are friendly and helpfuf it's for all who like to shoot, members and non-members. most of the fun shoots i've shoot at were around 2 hours maybe a little longer. Hope to see you there.
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

Well as always it was a lot of fun, and we had a very good turn out. about 50 shooters showed up and the weather was awesome! trying to hit those brussel sprouts was tough !!!! LOL. and the texas star just would not stop swing. great fun.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: York IWLA Pistol Fun Shoot - Sat 03/27/10

That really sounds like fun, I'm planning on going the 24th!

(Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: York IWLA Pistol Fun Shoot - Sat 03/27/10

Sounds like a blast! Beats the hell out of going to my brother-in-laws manshower....... don't ask........ LOL
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(York County)

Wink Re: York IWLA Pistol Fun Shoot - Sat 03/27/10

I see that this is old, old news but do they still do this? Of course I'm talking about when the weather is warmer!

(York County)

Yes we do! And we don't stop for the cold, had one last month, and Stake shoot yesterday and another FunShoot in 2 weeks. Stay tuned to our blog www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com for up to date news and events, and cruise our clubs website www.yorkiwla.org for location and calender and club stuff.

and we will make announcements on the here forums competitions threads and the calender too.

thanks for stopping by.

gary