Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
    (Monroe County)

Thumbs up Re: Overcharged for LTCF? It's time to act (Updates Page 23)

Newbie here, and I thoroughly appreciate the WEALTH of information here, and am looking into getting my LTCF here in Monroe county. Looks like they have come into compliance as of April 2010 laws. The correct fee is NOT listed on the website, but IS here in the PDF download for the application form:

http://www.co.monroe.pa.us/judicial/...rearms_app.pdf

$11 when dropping off application
    $14 when picking it up

It may have been reduced to $20 now as the PDF is dated 04/2010, I will be visiting the courthouse as soon as I get the form filled out and get to the courthouse when it fits my schedule.

Good work guys and gals for the effort required to bring these Sheriffs to comply with state law! Go figure.

I don't particularly like the fact that I have to bring in proof I paid the local tax, but whatever. I'm sure they have their reasons. I also will bring up the website's outdated price schedule up when I go there.

Update 12/3/2011:

Just got back my card, less than 30 days, and total cost IS $20. $6 upon time of application, $14 when you pick it up.
    Last edited by TDIfan; December 3rd, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: update

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Overcharged for LTCF? It's time to act (Updates Page 23)

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Newbie here, and I thoroughly appreciate the WEALTH of information here, and am looking into getting my LTCF here in Monroe county. Looks like they have come into compliance as of April 2010 laws. The correct fee is NOT listed on the website, but IS here in the PDF download for the application form:

http://www.co.monroe.pa.us/judicial/...rearms_app.pdf

$11 when dropping off application
    $14 when picking it up

It may have been reduced to $20 now as the PDF is dated 04/2010, I will be visiting the courthouse as soon as I get the form filled out and get to the courthouse when it fits my schedule.

Good work guys and gals for the effort required to bring these Sheriffs to comply with state law! Go figure.

I don't particularly like the fact that I have to bring in proof I paid the local tax, but whatever. I'm sure they have their reasons. I also will bring up the website's outdated price schedule up when I go there.
    Any news on the actual price being charged?

Also, for a brief update for everyone. Many of you have noticed, and many of the people I've talked with outside this forum have as well, that my report doesn't break down the details enough and that providing all the source material with the commentary isn't necessary so long as I cite it properly.

Version one of the report I have online is rather short on commentary and analysis, considering the wealth of information I have on the subject and amount of source material. I'm working on a more detailed and yet still easy to understand analysis of everything, including the drastic changes from last year to now, and increasing my direct criticism of several offices and office holders, along with praises for several individuals heavily involved in the efforts taken since this thread began, both here on PAFOA and off.

I've bought and been reading through Policing for Profit and I love the way the publication is formatted. Easy to read, yet not shy on data and information backing everything up. Also using higher quality binding and paper in their report, while more expensive, is a significant improvement over the cheap paper and binding I used on the physical copies of my report. Plus it's actually not that expensive anyway if I get it printed correctly rather than from Staples.

So, I am completely reformatting what I have now; yes I've been working on version two of the report for forever, but now I have a really good idea of the look I'm going for. While I don't have a scientific study and Ph.D's authoring information, I do have an absolute ton of source material and references to pull from.

Plus I get to make politicians eat their own words with the sources to back them up.

Once it's done electronically I'll be pricing out the cost per physical copy so that anyone who wants one can get one. I can't promise it will be done soon, but I can say it will be done before next November's elections.

ETA: See attached for an example of what the first version's introduction can look like with a little reformatting. See the link in my sig for a look at the old format.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by IronSight; October 14th, 2011 at 01:56 AM.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Overcharged for LTCF? It's time to act (Updates Page 23)

Thank you from a new LTCF applicant.

A friend of mine in the Lehigh valley just applied for her LTCF. I was very interested in hearing the current proccess from her. I explained some of the legalities that the sheriff was not compliant with, and all the work some people put in to correct that.

She asked me to pass on her thanks to IronSight and everyone else involved in getting the sheriff to obey the law.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182