Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Overcharged for LTCF? It's time to act (Updates Page 23)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Wondering why so many copies of the application if you are not actually pointing out something on that app?
    The application pages are there with each county so that anyone who's looking over one county in particular can simply turn to the application to look at it without flipping to the end, especially when the county has a reference requirement, they can then turn and see that the only stipulation for references on the form is that they are "not family members".

It's not so much an issue when you're viewing it in a pdf file, but I found turning through a hard-copy of the report time and time again just to do a double-take at an application is a bit annoying. It also serves to show the slight differences that exist in the applications these counties make available.

Also: I have PA Crimes Codes in book form...i can copy the relevant pages and send them to you as PDF for when you replace the PAFOA pages.
    I'm looking into the issue. I'll be determining how I present the statutes soon.

Thanks for the offer, but I have to consider copyright concerns versus "fair use" and so-on with this matter before I make up my mind.

Here's the latest "PA Laws Relating To Firearms" booklet (in PDF) if that's of any help

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Here's the latest "PA Laws Relating To Firearms" booklet (in PDF) if that's of any help
    Awesome, well that takes care of that issue altogether.

If you'd like to compare the current version with an older one, here's the 1995 edition.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    If you'd like to compare the current version with an older one, here's the 1995 edition.
    Wow, only 51 pages! I'll have to check it out. Thanks HG

(Blair County)

So I stopped into the Blair County Courthouse today (I was there on other business) and asked in the Sheriff's office if they could tell me what "State Statute" was referenced in their sign which states the cost of a LTCF is $31. Their Answer? "Be glad you don't live in Cambria County, they charge more there."

I then asked who I needed to speak with to get an answer. Their answer? "I don't know, maybe the governor."

I asked if I could have some time to meet with the Sheriff. I was told he was out of the office, as it was lunchtime. They gave me the main number to call and ask for him later. I will follow up tomorrow.

There was also a lawyer in there, I presume with a client, applying for a LTCF. He decided to add his $0.02 and told me that if I didn't stop questioning the Sheriff's office, they would have me arrested. I asked him why they would arrest someone reporting that a crime is being repeatedly committed. He rolled his eyes and once again (not nicely) advised me not to question authority.

More to come tommorrow.
    Last edited by TechAlG; June 3rd, 2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: corrected typo

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlG View Post
    ... asked in the Sheriff's office if they could tell me what "State Statute" was referenced in their sign which states the cost of a LTCF is $31. Their Answer? "Be glad you don't live in Cambria County, they charge more there."
    They were right... $4.00 more!

Cambria County Sheriff's Office
    Gun Permit (5 years) $35.00

They make no mention of how much a License To Carry Firearms is

(Lehigh County)

So I stopped into the Blair County Courthouse today (I was there on other business) and asked in the Sheriff's office if they could tell me what "State Statute" was referenced in their sign which states the cost of a LTCF is $31. Their Answer? "Be glad you don't live in Cambria County, they charge more there."
    They can't answer your question because that "state statute" doesn't exist, obviously. I've never gotten anywhere talking to staffers, because frankly they simply don't care.

I then asked who I needed to speak with to get an answer. Their answer? "I don't know, maybe the governor."
    It's this type of attitude that really pisses me off. They've been acting outside of the law, and they know they're getting away with it, it's absurd.

I asked if I could have some time to meet with the Sheriff. I was told he was out of the office, as it was lunchtime. They gave me the main number to call and ask for him later. I will follow up tomorrow.
    Thank you for stepping up and challenging the county on this.

There was also a lawyer in their, I presume with a client, applying for a LTCF. He decided to add his $0.02 and told me that if I didn't stop questioning the Sheriff's office, they would have me arrested. I asked him why they would arrest someone reporting that a crime is being repeatedly committed. He rolled his eyes and once again (not nicely) advised me not to question authority.

More to come tommorrow.
    What an idiot of a lawyer, I wonder if he's working with the county in some fashion, that would explain the nonsense he's spewing.

(Delaware County)

There was also a lawyer in there, I presume with a client, applying for a LTCF. He decided to add his $0.02 and told me that if I didn't stop questioning the Sheriff's office, they would have me arrested. I asked him why they would arrest someone reporting that a crime is being repeatedly committed. He rolled his eyes and once again (not nicely) advised me not to question authority.

More to come tommorrow.
    write and/or email asking for a LTCF fee structure. I'd personally send the email. it's generally quicker and saves you some money. the lawyer seems to think that asking questions is now a crime? SHEESH!

Right To Know Officer:
    Helen P. Schmitt
    Blair County Courthouse
    423 Allegheny Street, Suite 142
    Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
    phone 814-693-3030
    fax 814-693-3033
    hschmitt@blairco.org

http://blair.pacounties.org/Pages/Government.aspx
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

I've been meaning to get to this sooner, but I fired off the RTK form today. We'll see what the response is here in the next week or so.

"I hereby request records that demonstrate:
    -authorization for pricing the optional "PVC" $46.00 License to Carry Firearms (LTCF)
    -division/allocation of funds derived from the $46.00 LTCF"

Now that I look at the first segment of my request, the wording seems a little iffy, but for whatever reason it made sense when I wrote it. Oh well.
    "Let him that would move the world first move himself."
    -Socrates

Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast