Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up South Philadelphia Archery and Gun

OK, just got back in town, after a trip that was supposed to have me back in town three weeks ago! Needed some range time badly, but didn't land until 7:30. Now, I have been into SPAG once before, wanted to buy something, and they told me to come back on Springfield Day, this saturday, but their range was open until 9PM. This is one of the nicest ranges I have ever been to, and the best staff I have experienced. They were friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and true gun people. I have found a new home, and will not be going anywhere else. They let me rapid, practice double taps, and draw and fire. They are the best, and I will tell everyone that SPAG is the place to go when in Philly.

philadelphia archery & gun club
    Last edited by danp; November 1st, 2011 at 09:51 AM.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: South Philadelphia Archery and Gun

I could not possibly agree more with you. If I still lived in the city, I would have renewed my membership.

Everybody there is super cool, and I've taken two friends to buy their first handguns there.

If you are thinking of becoming a member, get the VIP membership, it might seem like a lot, but its truly worth it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExCopInPhilly View Post
    OK, just got back in town, after a trip that was supposed to have me back in town three weeks ago! Needed some range time badly, but didn't land until 7:30. Now, I have been into SPAG once before, wanted to buy something, and they told me to come back on Springfield Day, this saturday, but their range was open until 9PM. This is one of the nicest ranges I have ever been to, and the best staff I have experienced. They were friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and true gun people. I have found a new home, and will not be going anywhere else. They let me rapid, practice double taps, and draw and fire. They are the best, and I will tell everyone that SPAG is the place to go when in Philly.
    I think I saw you there tonight when I was there with my buddy. Did you come in right after the guy that smelled like a, uhm, controlled substance?
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Delaware County)

I concur, expensive, but it is a great place, one of these days I'm going to take the time to learn the fancy target system, I've watched dgg9 use it and it looks like a great training tool.

Bill

(Delaware County)

I have to agree that it is very user friendly, everyone their will help you and answer all your questions. I also would like to know how to use the target system as I agree with Soberbyker that it would increase your shooting skills greatly.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    I also would like to know how to use the target system as I agree with Soberbyker that it would increase your shooting skills greatly.
    It's pretty easy. Any time you want to get together there, let me know, and I can show you it in 1 minute's time. I'll be there probably this Thu or Fri, during the day, with a buddy. I like the various Springfield/Glock days, but they tend to be crowded (which is the point, I guess) and limit your range time.

VIP membership is indeed pricy, but you break even after 2 cases of 9mm.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I think I saw you there tonight when I was there with my buddy. Did you come in right after the guy that smelled like a, uhm, controlled substance?
    Yep, that was me. I needed to do some weak handed shooting. I wish I had known that was you, I would have introduced myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    It's pretty easy. Any time you want to get together there, let me know, and I can show you it in 1 minute's time. I'll be there probably this Thu or Fri, during the day, with a buddy. I like the various Springfield/Glock days, but they tend to be crowded (which is the point, I guess) and limit your range time.

VIP membership is indeed pricy, but you break even after 2 cases of 9mm.
    Dgg, I think we should all get together and do our own little shoot day. Will be fun. I am going to buy a VIP membership there.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExCopInPhilly View Post
    Yep, that was me. I needed to do some weak handed shooting. I wish I had known that was you, I would have introduced myself.

Dgg, I think we should all get together and do our own little shoot day. Will be fun. I am going to buy a VIP membership there.
    If it's a convenient time for me, I could take the train down after classes (quick ride). I figured out how to use the target system after about 5 minutes of tinkering.

Do they discount VIP memberships on springfield day as well, or is it just the regular memberships that are half price?