Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Convicted felon in vehicle with LTCF holder

I was wondering what the law was as far as say Im driving my truck with my handgun on me and I have someone in the vehicle with me who is a convicted felon.The gun is on my person and is the only weapon in the vehicle.I have a freind who has a felony drug conviction (he's been clean for 13yrs) and he wants to take a ride up to the poconos with me next week.I searched for the answer in the search bar no luck.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Convicted felon in vehicle with LTCF holder

theirs nothing that can happen. if its your gun, in your posession and you have an LTCF. you could hang out with a convicted rapist if you want. just because you have your LTCF it doesnt restrict you from hanging out with who you want. However, if you hang out with some shady people, not saying your friend is shady, and they do some stupid shit and your in the middle of it then thats a differant story.

(Berks County)

I am not a lawyer, but I believe that you'll be OK provided the firearm is always under your control, and he doesn't have access to it at all.

(Bucks County)

Thanks guys.I just want to make it clear that the gun will be on my person at all times.My friend is a decent person who got caught up in some stupid shit when he was 19.I just don't want people to think I make it a habit to hang with convicted felons !

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Owner View Post
    theirs nothing that can happen. if its your gun, in your posession and you have an LTCF. you could hang out with a convicted rapist if you want. just because you have your LTCF it doesnt restrict you from hanging out with who you want. However, if you hang out with some shady people, not saying your friend is shady, and they do some stupid shit and your in the middle of it then thats a differant story.
    your post is very relevant to my predicament, i have some screwed up friends and i tell them straight out "if you start any shit, I'm leaving" you can't help who your good friends are or what choices they made in their past especially is they saved your ass countless times. good with the bad i guess.
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    your post is very relevant to my predicament, i have some screwed up friends and i tell them straight out "if you start any shit, I'm leaving" you can't help who your good friends are or what choices they made in their past especially is they saved your ass countless times. good with the bad i guess.
    You most certainly can help who your good friends are. I've had plenty of good friends that I no longer consider friends because they are 'screwed up.' I'm not telling you to get rid of your friends... but if you're afraid they might bring you down, I would... and have.

To the OP, yeah, what everyone else has said.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    You most certainly can help who your good friends are. I've had plenty of good friends that I no longer consider friends because they are 'screwed up.' I'm not telling you to get rid of your friends... but if you're afraid they might bring you down, I would... and have.

To the OP, yeah, what everyone else has said.
    I hear you.I have dropped a lot of friends from my past.My friend w/the felony conviction is a stand up person who goes to work everyday pays his bills and takes care of his daughter.He is well aware of the fact that he screwed up when he was younger and he served his time and knows that certain freedoms (right to have guns voting etc..)will never be available to him.I am far from perfect and thanks to certain people I was shown a better way to live he being 1 of those people.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Convicted felon in vehicle with LTCF holder

Quote Originally Posted by mike231 View Post
    Thanks guys.I just want to make it clear that the gun will be on my person at all times.My friend is a decent person who got caught up in some stupid shit when he was 19.I just don't want people to think I make it a habit to hang with convicted felons !
    Oh sure, you don't want people to judge you for hangin' with felons, but you hang around with all these "domestic terrorist types" at PAFOA! Janet Napolitano said we are all 'domestic terrorists'.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike231 View Post
    I hear you.I have dropped a lot of friends from my past.My friend w/the felony conviction is a stand up person who goes to work everyday pays his bills and takes care of his daughter.He is well aware of the fact that he screwed up when he was younger and he served his time and knows that certain freedoms (right to have guns voting etc..)will never be available to him.I am far from perfect and thanks to certain people I was shown a better way to live he being 1 of those people.
    he can still vote

(Erie County)

I screwed up bad and got stuck on stupid when i was 19, must be something bad about that age. Anyway i completed the conditions of my ARD and my record was expunged and sealed, i been doing nothing less then good things since then. point being... we all screw up, some worse then others but its what you do to change your ways after the fact. sounds like that dude got in some bad shit but it doesnt mean he's a piece of shit. hang out with who you want but use good judgment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast