Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Carlisle Gun Club on Pine Street in Carlisle

Any one here a member there? Looking for info on the place.
    Thanks

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Carlisle Gun Club on Pine Street in Carlisle

I am not a member, but I see it all the time when im out an about( I live around there). I would like to know something about it myself.

(Cumberland County)

I was a member there. Good club. I let me membership expire due to finances and ammo inflation.

It is pistol caliber only (22 non magnum is ok) up to .45

If you want more info or are looking to join you will need to attend a meeting. I think they meet every 1st Monday of the month. Dues were around 70 a year.

(Cumberland County)

Not a member, but shot there with a friend the other night. Nice, simple range plus we were the only 2 there for the 2 hours we were shooting

(Cumberland County)

My now almost 17 year old daughter was taking a 4-H approved course at this gun club. We really enjoyed ourselves and seeing as how we are buying a handgun for home protection we will be joining this gun club. Does anyone know the phone number for the club and do they offer gun safety courses or is this strictly for practice? Thanks for the help
    Last edited by debstake; January 19th, 2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Adding content

(Cumberland County)

Checked my membership card but no number on it. What you will need to do regardless, is attend the monthly meeting. You will need to fill out an application and introduce yourself. Check the front door if you need a contact number but the meetings are always held on Mondays (cant recall if its the first or last Monday of the month).

As far as attending safety courses they do have them. If you are very unfamiliar with firearms and range safety procedures experience they may want you to take a basic course as part of joining.

(York County)

I was a member for some years back in the 80's then got away from shooting. I'm just getting back into the game and stopped by the club last night to check out what was happening. By luck there were 4 or 5 members shooting, and one was the current president, Scott Hoagland (sorry if the spelling isn't correct). I intro'd myself and couldn't have been treated any better. The club hasn't changed much at all since my last visit, about 1990. The dues are $60/yr. You must fill out an appl. and attend a monthly business meeting (held the LAST Monday of each month). If you're not LEO or hold NRA certification, etc., they may ask you to shoot with an instructor to show you're competent with safety issues, etc.. That's about it. The best part about this place is that it's available 24-7 (unless a meeting or shoot is scheduled). The range is small but nice. All handgun cal. up to 45ACP and 22 long guns only. I'll be re-joining. HOpe to see you there.

(Cumberland County)

Contact???

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Carlisle Gun Club on Pine Street in Carlisle

Look up Don L Jones in the phonebook or email Gary Gibson gtgibson@embarqmail.com.They can help you out.Meetings are the last monday of the month.Starting this month is 1/2 price on dues.There is a $10.
    initiation fee,and $30 dues, after that it is $60 a year.It is a great club i have
    been a member thier for years.

(Cumberland County)

Been awhile since I was a member at Carlisle. Are they still digging up the trap ranges there? Always liked what they offer for shotgun shooters but IMO they are not a very pistol "friendly" club. That being said I have been considering joining again because my current club, wssa is VERY VERY unfriendly for shotgun shooters. Especially after the passing of Jack Dietz. I now shoot trap at Enola, still waiting to get in to this club , and shoot everything else at WSSA. Like WSSA for pistol shooting, they have many ranges for pistol shooters. Love shooting the steel plates, just something rewarding about the plates dropping when you hit them. My only gripe is WSSA is one of the worst maintained clubs i have every seen. Enola, Mechaincsburg, and Carlisle have always been so nice and clean when I have been there.

So guess in the long run if you want to shoot all types of firearms its best to member of several clubs. IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast