Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default GA Senate attempts to DQ Carry permits on ANY misdemeanor (incl traffic)

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_1...text/sb291.htm

(b) Licensing exceptions. No license or renewal license shall be granted to:

(5)(A) Any person, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (3) of this subsection , who has been convicted of a misdemeanor and has not been free of all restraint or supervision in connection therewith for at least three years, immediately preceding the date of the application; or

All traffic offenses are misdemeanors in Georgia, so basically they will be able to yank your permit for a speeding ticket, and not give it back to you for three years.

There are many other atrocities in the bill. If you live in GA, or know someone who does, it's time to give them a call and get them interested in this. Right now the bill has passed the Senate, but still has to go through the GA House.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: GA Senate attempts to DQ Carry permits on ANY misdemeanor (incl traffic)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_1...text/sb291.htm

All traffic offenses are misdemeanors in Georgia, so basically they will be able to yank your permit for a speeding ticket, and not give it back to you for three years.

There are many other atrocities in the bill. If you live in GA, or know someone who does, it's time to give them a call and get them interested in this. Right now the bill has passed the Senate, but still has to go through the GA House.
    Wow... just ... wow.... I hope they are calling up their reps diligently...
    III%

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: GA Senate attempts to DQ Carry permits on ANY misdemeanor (incl traffic)

I guess a few things have changed in GA since I lived there. I recall it being fairly firearms friendly. Then again, this was awhile ago.
    I remember going to the sheriff to get my CCW permit. No background check, did finger print card, answered a few basic questions, paid my money and he handed it to me. I remember it being odd that instead of there being a picture on it of me they had me put my thumb print where the pic would go.
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Luzerne County)

Their just trying to make it so no one has a permit. They all need to be removed from office.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post
    I guess a few things have changed in GA since I lived there.
    just because a bill is introduced does not mean it will pass. nor does it necessarily reflect anything about the political climate of the overall state.

heck, there are all kinds of gun control bills introduced in the PA legislature every year.
    F*S=k

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post
    I guess a few things have changed in GA since I lived there.
    Big cities dilute values.

My understanding is that the political climate in (Ted)Turnersville, GA is very anti-gun. Or, do they still call it Atlanta?