Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: New Public Range in Danger of Close?

Here's what I saw. I like the part about "missile firing"!

http://www.theabingtonjournal.com/ne...-range-project

(Lackawanna County)

This has been going on for over 3 years now, it's time for the township to either approve the range, or give concrete reasons for it not to be built in the township, enough is enough already.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

What a joke.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    This has been going on for over 3 years now, it's time for the township to either approve the range, or give concrete reasons for it not to be built in the township, enough is enough already.

If they stall long enough it will go away. Time is on their side.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Pretty sure the range proprietor is his own legal team. Or something close to it. He can wait em out and I dont think he hurtd for money either

March 05. 2014 11:57AM

Engineer John Seamans’ resignation was announced during the Ransom Township Board of Supervisors meeting on March 3, according to Secretary-treasurer Sarah Griggs.

Seamans, whose civil engineering and land surveying business is located in Fleetville, served as the Township’s engineer for approximately eight years, according to Griggs. The reason for Seamans resignation was not made public.

Also during the meeting, according to Griggs, the regular staff reports were given and correspondence was read, although no new items were on the agenda.

The next regular Supervisors meeting is scheduled for April 7, at 7 p.m.

http://theabingtonjournal.com/news/n...te=abingtonart

EDIT: Mentioned previously: “Remarkably, the existence of these letters was kept secret for months from Ransom Recreational Shooting Sports and the public. Neither Mr. Seamans nor the Township informed Mark Dieter or Ransom Recreational Shooting Sports of the existence of these letters, and in an obvious departure from protocol regarding correspondence sent to the Supervisors, the letters were never read at Township Meetings, according to the minutes.”

I'm not the smartest shovel in the shed, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and put the two events together...
    Last edited by CL3; March 10th, 2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Tie the room together, so to speak.

(Lackawanna County)

The people of Ransom twp. need to ask themselves, can we afford a major lawsuit, and the Supervisors need to ask themselves, are we going to go to prison.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Anyone hear of any updates on this? I've checked the Ransom Township website and I see they had a Supervisors Meeting and a Planning Commission Meeting this month, but no longer appear to be uploading meeting minutes since mid 2012. Nothing in the local news either. I also see Seamans listed as "engineer" still.

Quote Originally Posted by CL3 View Post
    Anyone hear of any updates on this? I've checked the Ransom Township website and I see they had a Supervisors Meeting and a Planning Commission Meeting this month, but no longer appear to be uploading meeting minutes since mid 2012. Nothing in the local news either. I also see Seamans listed as "engineer" still.
    Found 4/23/2014 article in Abington Journal:

http://theabingtonjournal.com/news/n...te=abingtonart

The Ransom Township Planning Commission voted, 4-2, at its April 22 meeting to forward to the Township Board of Supervisors, with recommendation of rejection, the preliminary plans for Ransom Recreational Shooting Sports (RRSS) LLC’s proposed land development on Ransom Rd.

RRSS Manager Andrew Massimilian said he and his engineer attended the April 22 meeting in hopes that a special meeting could be scheduled before the May 19 deadline, as they did not yet have enough time to respond to the township engineer’s letter after receiving it only a few days prior.

Massimilian said that request was not granted, however, as Griggs told him the Planning Commission could not schedule a special meeting on such short notice. Massimilian said he plans to have a response to the engineer’s letter ready within a week to deliver to the Board of Supervisors.

The two main remaining issues of disagreement between Ransom Township and RRSS, according to Massimilian, are the requirements for a fence to be put around the property, and the width requirement for the driveway.

Because the Planning Commission is merely an advisory board, the next step is for the Supervisors to accept or reject the plans. Massimilian said if the board rejects them, his next step is one of two choices: start over and re-submit the plans, arguing over the same issues once again, or go to court
    Last edited by CL3; April 24th, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Just spoke with Ransom Township Office...

No vote was taken at 5/5/2014 Supervisors Meeting because the developer withdrew his plans and will resubmit.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast