Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Opinions for a store near monroeville...

I was looking for a gunshop near the monroeville area to check out a few pistols. Someplace with a decent selection so I can hold several brands/models. I ahve been to Braverman's and Allegheny Arsenal but wasnt really impressed with the selection of arms. I have been told to go to ACE in washington or Sportsmans Supply in Butler...wasnt sure what woul dbe a better bet, or if someone had a better suggestion. Would appreciate any ideas. thanks.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Opinions for a store near monroeville...

Ace has by far the best selection in the area and is probably your best bet for side by side comparisons. Sportsman's Supply was a little disappointing IMO. A lot of people have good things to say about them but I was surprised at how small it was.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by tbone959 View Post
    I was looking for a gunshop near the monroeville area to check out a few pistols. Someplace with a decent selection so I can hold several brands/models. I ahve been to Braverman's and Allegheny Arsenal but wasnt really impressed with the selection of arms. I have been told to go to ACE in washington or Sportsmans Supply in Butler...wasnt sure what woul dbe a better bet, or if someone had a better suggestion. Would appreciate any ideas. thanks.
    I don't know of much I could recommend in the Monroeville area except for Powell Guns on Frankstown Rd. in Penn Hills. I live east of the city in Greensburg, and there are a few choices out this way. If you have a Saturday to kill, Johnson's in Norvelt has a nice selection, but their prices have never excited me too much. A&S range and shop in Youngwood is on the way, and their prices are average, selection as well. A nice selection of cheap rental guns to shoot at the range, though, if you are looking to test one. There's a Gander Mountain along Rt. 30 that gets some decent used deals in. And in Latrobe the Army/Navy store has a few too. Just past Latrobe at the intersection of Rt 982 and Rt 30 is a little gun shop, but his selection is hit or miss in my experience. Any idea of what you are looking for?

(Allegheny County)

This isn't "Monroeville specific", but it's a pretty comprehensive list of shops in the area...

http://forum.pafoa.org/allegheny-27/...ittsburgh.html

Good luck!

By the way, we have a pafoa group shoot on the second Sun. of every month at Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club. It's open to any/all members of the forum, and it's always nice to meet people from the area.
    Here's the info for the upcoming shoot if you're interested:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...hoot-38-a.html
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Braverman's is alot closer and the people there are very helpful and knowledgeable
    but if you want a bigger selection to be able to choose from I would definitely make the drive to Ace.
    Ave even impressed me over the telephone before I even entered the store.
    I told them what I was interested in, they put me on hold came back and told me what they had in stock, prices and everything else.
    They even told me what something I was trying to get rid of might be worth, all over the phone.