Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Meet Corey O'Brien this Thursday

Coery O'Brien, currently serving as a member of the Lackawanna County Commissioner's Office, and currently running for Congress, will be at Outrageous! and Anthology Books (same building) this Thursday, from 7:00 to 8:30PM, to answer any questions you might have. it will be an informal type of setting, and coffee and coffee related treats will be served. bear in mind, i'm a regular at Anthology, as a customer and performer; Andrea Tallarico, the owner and proprieter, is very cool, and the place is 2A friendly. i urge anyone who is interested in meeting who may be our next Congressman to stop in, and buy a book while your at it. get involved in local politics, and support local business.

Anthology Books
    515 Center Street, Scranton
    rsvp 341-1443
    Last edited by jahwarrior72; March 24th, 2010 at 03:09 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Meet Corey O'Brien this Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    Coery O'Brien, currently serving as a member of the Lackawanna County Commissioner's Office, and currently running for Congress, will be at Outrageous! and Anthology Books (same building) this Thursday, from 7:00 to 8:30PM, to answer any questions you might have. it will be an informal type of setting, and coffee and coffee related treats will be served. bear in mind, i'm a regular at Anthology, as a customer and performer; Andrea Tallarico, the owner and proprieter, is very cool, and the place is 2A friendly. i urge anyone who is interested in meeting who may be our next Congressman to stop in, and buy a book while your at it. get involved in local politics, and support local business.

Anthology Books
    515 Center Street, Scranton
    rsvp 341-1443
    OK,being my lazy azz slob self and not using google thingy,where is Center st. and is there handicraped parking there for lazyazz slobs like me.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    OK,being my lazy azz slob self and not using google thingy,where is Center st. and is there handicraped parking there for lazyazz slobs like me.
    it's that alley across the street from the Hilton, right before the Verizon offices. since it's gonna be after 6PM, you can park anywhere on Spruce Street for free, or park in the parking lot right off of Spruce, past the Northern Lights coffee bar. there are stairs there, though; i'm not sure if he'll be downstairs or upstairs.

(Lackawanna County)

Thanks,i asked about the parking because of my inability to walk ant distance.
    Look at it this way,you know the walk from where you park to the firing line at the pistol range at the arch. sgl, for me right now it's a challenge.

(Lackawanna County)

Jah,i sent ya a PM.

(Lackawanna County)

i learned some interesting stuff tonight. after introductions were made, O'Brien started off by saying that the seat on the Appropriations committee, previously held by Murtha, has been filled. he was none too happy about the pick; it was some Congressman out of Philly. Chris Carney lost by one vote, and that vote was cast by Paul Kanjorski. so, Kanjorski basically screwed NEPA out of money it could have used. thanks, prick.

the rest of the evening, O'Brien talked about his vision for NEPA. one major issue for him was Kanjorski's Railroad to nowhere. O'Brien feels the plan should be abandoned, and that instead, a light rail running along 81 and 380 should be built, connecting NY to NEPA in a meaningful way. i remember talking about this last year to some friends; i never understood Kanjorski's plan.

the rest of the conversation was more about his focus on education and business, and childcare. he had a lot of good ideas, and some that were not so great, in my opinion. he ducked other subjects, like healthcare, obviously. he did touch on some subjectsimportant to me, that seemed important to him as well, like the lack of funding for arts programs in early childhood education. i've longed believed that the arts are an important part of education, just as important as literacy and math. it's not something that's held in priority in this state, particularly in NEPA.

he actually went beyond his scheduled time, to the irritation of his aide, who was busy taking noted on his Blackberry. i'm glad to have had an opportunity to speak with him, even if i won't vote for him.