Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default NEW TOY!!! Ruger Mark III Target

I got a new toy today. A Ruger Mk III Target with a 5 1/2 inch bull barrel. I got it at Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg only because I had $150 worth of gift cards. The most amazing thing is that my girlfriend lent me the cash for the rest of the purchase. 6 months ago she'd never held a gun, let alone fired one... I get a sneaking suspicion I'm gonna marry this girl...

Anyway, we've done some Bass Pro Shop bashing on here, me included. I have to tell you that tonight I had an amazing experience. The salesman who helped me was named Don, and he couldn't have been more helpful, kind, knowledgeable, or funny. For real, this guy embodied everything I want behind the gun counter. Long story short I was incredibly impressed with his attitude, his demeanor, everything. I was wavering between two models and he didn't say a word for or against either model. He didn't play salesman at all, which impressed the hell out of me. Even my girlfriend was impressed. He told us he was only part time at BPS and I think that's probably why he was so enjoyable, he's just there for fun... oh yeah, and a discount.

Anyway, more on the gun later, WITH PICTURES! It came in a nice Ruger case with two mags, a big ass lock, scope rail and hardware to mount it, and all the paperwork. I'm going to sleep. I'll try to post pics and more tomorrow. I'm not working tomorrow so I hope the rain holds off, I wanna go to the range. Full report later (Tuesday).
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Default Re: NEW TOY!!! Ruger Mark III Target

Congrats ~ Nice Firearm, I purchased a 22/45 w/Bull bbl back in Jan to replace an old Mark I that belonged to my Dad. I gotta say I really like the updated features like the last round hold open, slide release and grip angle.

Mine's been a 100% with serveral different brands of ammo so far and is accurate. I think you'll enjoy it.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Butler County)

They are a great pistol (I have one) you will love it till you try and break it down to clean it. Then you will hate it. Then over time you will get comfortable breaking it down and putting it back together you will fall in love with it again.

(Lackawanna County)

For a damn good vid on field stripping a 22/45 look up --JonnyBuzzkill Ruger MKIII 22/45 fieldstrip on you tube.
    It' the best one i have found so far.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Bucks County)

Cool, please post pics and the results of you using the gun.

I almost bought one and would like to know how it works for you.

(Philadelphia County)

It is not that hard to break it down and clean it - just follow the instructions in the manual.

I bought one with a Hi-Viz front sight (the Hunter model), and I had to change the sights to target/blade because the Hi-Viz is difficult to see indoors. Other than that, the gun is reliable and fun to shoot.

Good luck with it!!

Congrats on the Ruger. My brother-in-law bought a used Ruger Mark? for his first pistol well over 30 years ago & he's still shooting it.

A little known fact is that a silenced version of the Ruger MK I (I think!) was used in Vietnam in covert "snatch" operations & to take out sentries & sentry dogs.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Waaaaahhh. I want one. I researched those like a mad man months ago. Maybe some day.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Franklin County)

You are going to like that pistol. I've got one. Very accurate and it will eat any brand ammo.

(York County)

congrats on your purchase...I bought a used Mark II at the last York gun show and enjoy shooting it at the range...
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast