Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: NEW TOY!!! Ruger Mark III Target

rwb1500: I hope you're letting her shoot it. A Mark II (or similar .22LR semi-auto) will win over many who are squeamish about shooting handguns. Especially broads.

(Lycoming County)

You're going to love that pistol! As stated earlier, you may want to make some improvements, or maybe not- your choice.
    I added the VQ sear, trigger, MKII bushing(with home made spacer),extractor, and disconnector, and removed the LCI tab. Put on a red dot, and some Majestic grips I re-shaped to my liking.
    Here's a couple of pics...

This gun is a super shooter now, but was great out of the box too.
    My Best, Walt

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dewalt-2 View Post
    You're going to love that pistol! As stated earlier, you may want to make some improvements, or maybe not- your choice.
    I added the VQ sear, trigger, MKII bushing(with home made spacer),extractor, and disconnector, and removed the LCI tab. Put on a red dot, and some Majestic grips I re-shaped to my liking.
    This gun is a super shooter now, but was great out of the box too.
    Nice grips!

(nice hammer and LCI indicator mod... I keep thinking about it...)

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Enfielder View Post
    rwb1500: I hope you're letting her shoot it. A Mark II (or similar .22LR semi-auto) will win over many who are squeamish about shooting handguns. Especially broads.

I think she likes it more than I do! All she has shot before is my KT P32 and my .357. She hates the wheelgun and doesn't love the .32. The MK III is a different story. I could give her a box of 500 and come back in an hour or two and she'd shoot the entire box. I think she might want her own. Uh oh. I've created a monster. She really likes being able to hit the target accurately and fast. She can't really do that with my other pistols. I'm sure she could, but it would take practice. With the Ruger, she hits paper every time.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jokusfocus View Post
    3 duds out of 500? Compared to what my dad's MKIII was doing, that is impressive. His wouldn't fire 1 out of every 20. Didn't have a problem with any of the other bulk packs.

Worked out for me though, my savage loooves the Thunderbolts, so I inherited them.

I was pretty surprised myself. Today I shot most of a Remington 525 Golden Bullet pack. They were shit. Lots of duds, lots of underpowered rounds. Need to get some CCI stuff.

What other ammo runs well for you guys?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I love mine, and shoot it weekly in indoor Bullseye. CCI standard velocity has been the best ammo from mine to date. Federal target is a close second. Mine HATED Winchester Super X to the point it actually was keyholing at 15 yards. Break it in and get the Volquartsen kit. You won't believe what a 2.5# trigger and no creep or overtravel in the trigger will do to this little monster. I recently added a red dot and from sand bags, can get a ragged hole ten shot group at fifty feet.
    Jules

Very pretty. Do you recommend a grip panel with the thumb rest? I need to try one out and see how it feels. Mine loved Super X today. I haven't been able to get my hands on any CCI stuff around here. I need to go look around. For now I don't mind crappy bulk ammo, it's just a fun gun at the moment. I had surprisingly good luck with Thunderbolts. I was worried about buying 500 of them, but they turned out great. Remington Golden bullets were not so great. Lots of duds, lots of underpowered rounds, no fun. The 100 rounds of Super X I shot today worked great.

Anybody else have any ammo recommendations? At this point I'm buying something new every other day and trying to see what works the best.
    Last edited by rwb1500; March 25th, 2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Very pretty. Do you recommend a grip panel with the thumb rest? I need to try one out and see how it feels. Mine loved Super X today. I haven't been able to get my hands on any CCI stuff around here. I need to go look around. For now I don't mind crappy bulk ammo, it's just a fun gun at the moment. I had surprisingly good luck with Thunderbolts. I was worried about buying 500 of them, but they turned out great. Remington Golden bullets were not so great. Lots of duds, lots of underpowered rounds, no fun. The 100 rounds of Super X I shot today worked great.

Anybody else have any ammo recommendations? At this point I'm buying something new every other day and trying to see what works the best.
    Bold is mine. And I'd say that's the perfect way to go about it.

I had a TON of 22's for my rifle that I wasn't going to use. So I gave all of the ammo that didn't shoot well out of the rifle to my dad. Looks like the Federal bulk pack from WalMart is his gun's favorite. Every 22 is different.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jokusfocus View Post
    Bold is mine. And I'd say that's the perfect way to go about it.

I had a TON of 22's for my rifle that I wasn't going to use. So I gave all of the ammo that didn't shoot well out of the rifle to my dad. Looks like the Federal bulk pack from WalMart is his gun's favorite. Every 22 is different.
    This is why it's good to have a few 22's in the collection - if one won't shoot ammo X, one of the others will!

(Lackawanna County)

I shoot CCI mini mag's in my 22,a little more expensive but i have shot thousands of rounds between the Ruger and the P22 and Heritage Arms cowboy action when i had the later 2,without any bad ones,went bang every time.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

I only shoot standard velocity ammo now and it all serves me pretty well. I bought some Remington Target for a very heft price and sadly need to report that two of every ten rounds were duds. I attempted to fire them in a .22 rifle and they still would not go off. I pulled some bullets and found them to be absent of primer material. I like the thumbrest grip because I have large hands.
    Jules

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast