Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Lock's Gun Shop in Philadelphia

Rebel, I don't know what part of Phila you're from, but Mayfair is one of the nicer neighborhoods.
    As far as the counter help, visit any gun store or range, and at some point you are going to find the same guy. Different name, different background, he was SWAT, he was a SEAL, he was Secret Service. They don't last long.
    Locks is a good store, they have a nice selection, very good smithing, and have been around for a long time.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Rebel, I don't know what part of Phila you're from, but Mayfair is one of the nicer neighborhoods.
    As far as the counter help, visit any gun store or range, and at some point you are going to find the same guy. Different name, different background, he was SWAT, he was a SEAL, he was Secret Service. They don't last long.
    Locks is a good store, they have a nice selection, very good smithing, and have been around for a long time.
    Yes, this part of Mayfair is not bad at all. Probably safer than Center City is these days.

Locks is a fun place to visit because they have a huge selection of new and used guns in their display cases.
    Great place to see all the old Curio & Relic guns up close, as well as antique ones.
    A much bigger variety than I saw at the last Armory gun show.

$65 FFL Transfer Fee, in case anyone was wondering.

(Lehigh County)

I lived in mayfair on teesedale a few years ago popped into Locks often I was never impressed. They seemed borderlined bothered by my questions and prices were high. I did buy a lever action 22 and holster from them but spent most my money at other shops
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Philadelphia County)

I was just at Lock's last week. The guy behind the counter was very talkative and nice. He pretty much told me to save my money and come back in a month or so and get what I really wanted since they only had .40 glocks in stock and all the 9mm were sold out. They had some of the better pricing compared to the other shops that I checked out. I saw two glocks for under $500 brand new which was a nice change in pace. He told me that the glock prices are the same as they were before the incidents and would continue to stay the same as long as the manufacturer didn't increase their pricing.

He was telling me they had an AR come in and the guy who wanted to sell it wanted twice what it was worth and that they knew it wouldn't sell but agreed to put it up anyway. They told me within an hour it sold for twice what it was worth.

The guys there were really nice and made the entire experience in the shop good. Sadly they didn't have what I wanted but they certainly had a nice selection and wanted to help. They told me to check back in a week.

(Philadelphia County)

Mr.swat might be this guy dominic he wont wait on anybody and always looks like your disturbing him. i was the only one in there once and he walked in and out of the back a couple times and never even asked can i help you .i was standing at the counter too.
    so form now on i always ask for the owner John. even when Dominic does find time ask me if i need help i say no!.
    and ask for anybody but him he is an asshole and should be fired. wonder how much money he has lost for john over the years cause of his attitude.
    Your Kung Fu...not very good

(Berks County)

Just found Lock's to do a transfer and wow, what a time capsule! Lots of old, cool stuff. Good selection of everything. On opening the door, I could smell the Hoppies #9. People were real nice. It's a gem. You can buy new guns anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12