Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Gander Mountain:Customer Data Possibly Stolen

Computer equipment, which may have contained certain customer transaction data relating to a single store in Greensburg, Pennsylvania is missing and may have been stolen. The equipment may have contained customer credit card information and other personal information.
    Details at:
    http://www.gandermountain.com/news/n...p_Q_id_E_12940

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gander Mountain:Customer Data Possibly Stolen

haha..

and then people look at me weird when I deny them my personal information...
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Westmoreland County)

How in the Hell can you have an 'unaccounted for' piece of computer equipment with that much info on it? I am losing more and more faith n Gander every day!
    * 112,000 records from our Greensburg store may have contained credit card account numbers and expiration date only, with no other personal information attached.
    * 10,000 records may have included credit card account numbers, expiration dates and customer names.
    * For approximately 5,100 customers who returned merchandise or did a lay-away purchase, the information may have included credit card numbers, expiration dates, names and addresses.
    * For approximately 650 customers who purchased by check and returned merchandise without a receipt, or put merchandise on layaway by check payment, the information may have included name, address, driver’s number and date of birth, but not credit card information.
    * No PIN numbers, magnetic stripe security information or social security numbers were contained in any records.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    How in the Hell can you have an 'unaccounted for' piece of computer equipment with that much info on it? I am losing more and more faith n Gander every day!
    kind of off topic but u ask how the hell did that happen i ask you how the hell did this happen

The Pentagon has lost track of about 190,000 AK-47 assault rifles and pistols given to Iraqi security forces in 2004 and 2005,