Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Dickson City Days Inn - March 27th & 28th

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well again we are talking apples and oranges. MOST remanufacturers only use once fired brass. Reloaders on the other hand will reuse brass 5 - 10 times depending on the caliber.

In the case of Rich he only uses once fired, he gets it from the LE range down in Maryland.

And in the case of the brass you brought me it was from an outdoor range, that's why the 223 was black and unusable. Once that kind of corrosion starts the brass is junk.
    Care to provide some metallurgic evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Care to provide some metallurgic evidence?
    Corrosion destabilizes metal and reloading brass that has serious corrosion on it is about as unsafe as it comes, and if you had seen this brass you would have said the same thing, we aren't talking 'discolored' we are talking black and pitted.

Corrosion destabilizes metal and reloading brass that has serious corrosion on it is about as unsafe as it comes, and if you had seen this brass you would have said the same thing, we aren't talking 'discolored' we are talking black and pitted.
    Isn't Black Hills blue box made with once fired brass?? And thats great stuff
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Lackawanna County)

I was looking around for .38 Special and .357 Magnum. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any decent deals. There was the table towards the middle that had boxes of re-manufactured ammo that looked great. Really shined well and looked quality. But, for less than $1 I can get new ammo from walmart. Granted walmart doesn't have the same selection or quantity as this table. So that could be a big factor for some.

Just to feed my curiosity, I was at walmart today and they had nothing (NOTHING) in .38/.357. So that's why prices are so high, supply is low.

I ended up not buying any for 2 reasons. 1) I'm really low on money right now, still trying to pay off some bills. 2) It wasn't a good enough deal to lure me into spending.

Hopefully the show at Sugermans (Apr17 & 18) will be good. I'll go and check it out. More handguns I hope.

(Lackawanna County)

Are we talking the same show cause it was deader than Kelsey's nuts today! As far as the 7.62 x 54 you must have missed our table. We opened a fresh spam can of lightball and had it out at $5 a box, with a discount on bulk. You also missed the spam can we had yesterday (and sold) at $100 (22.2 cents a round)
    I was there 10:30 today maybe? Around there anyway. I may have bought that can off you guys too, but I definitely didn't see you. Only saw one table selling bags of 20 at $8 each and another guy selling loaded stripper clips at $5 a pop (lolol $1 per round, okay. I should sell my stripper clips). My Mosin and ROMAK are hungry!! Oh well, my friend is steadily making me lean towards reloading, so we'll see where that gets me.
    Last edited by Loki240SX; March 28th, 2010 at 11:02 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Well again we are talking apples and oranges. MOST remanufacturers only use once fired brass. Reloaders on the other hand will reuse brass 5 - 10 times depending on the caliber.

In the case of Rich he only uses once fired, he gets it from the LE range down in Maryland.

And in the case of the brass you brought me it was from an outdoor range, that's why the 223 was black and unusable. Once that kind of corrosion starts the brass is junk.
    Thanks DC, i will buy more from you and Rich in the future and a person on this forum will get the brass so he can --reload--it. [yes i did remember the difference Tootie ].
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234