Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Have 3 coming...but never owned them before...any insights?

This is my second post...first was trying to get info on concealed carry while deployed to Afghanistan and this one for some info on the pistol and one rifle I have bought.

I have done quite a bit of firing...19 years in military and recreationaly. But I have just bought two and am working a 3rd pistol and would like the good and the bad of the ones I have bought as from those that might have owned or shot these. Impressions, size as it fits to your firing it etc...

1) Para-Ord PX14-45 custom for my deployment thus the purchase...was not on my list till I came here
    2) SIG P229 Elite Dark in .40
    3) FNP 45 USG in FDE (still trying to have one located by Tanners)

I have also purchased an FN SCAR 16s (have limited use of use at one time) but also insights into that would be great as well.

I live just outside Easton/Williams township thus will also be trying to find a range localy.

Thanks for any feedback. One of those quiet day here in the Pech/Korengal/Waygul Valleys, Afghanistan

Thanks
    Mark

(Chester County)

Default Re: Have 3 coming...but never owned them before...any insights?

I don't know anything about the guns you listed, I just wanted to say thank you for your service.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the info you are looking for.

(Monroe County)

The p229 in 40 is a great gun. My father has one. It shoots great and feels real good in the hands. It's not a full size but not a compact model either. It's a good choice for a CC gun.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Allegheny County)

As far as I am concerned the Sig 229 is one of the finest pistols on the market. I own three of them and I have never had a problem with any one of them. I also have the FNP 40 which is a very good gun for the money. Not a Sig. but about the half the cost. FNP makes a good product. As for the Para I've never owned one. Thank you for your service to our country.

(Luzerne County)

Thank you for your service.

I have a Sig 229, excelent firearm and very accurate. I have a Para and have never had a problem with it, and I shoot it often.

No experience with the FNP or the Scar.

(Northampton County)

Appreciate the remarks about service...Its my pleasure to do this. How else do you fund good armament.

Thanks Again

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mdeeds71 View Post
    This is my second post...first was trying to get info on concealed carry while deployed to Afghanistan and this one for some info on the pistol and one rifle I have bought.

I have done quite a bit of firing...19 years in military and recreationaly. But I have just bought two and am working a 3rd pistol and would like the good and the bad of the ones I have bought as from those that might have owned or shot these. Impressions, size as it fits to your firing it etc...

1) Para-Ord PX14-45 custom for my deployment thus the purchase...was not on my list till I came here
    2) SIG P229 Elite Dark in .40
    3) FNP 45 USG in FDE (still trying to have one located by Tanners)

I have also purchased an FN SCAR 16s (have limited use of use at one time) but also insights into that would be great as well.

I live just outside Easton/Williams township thus will also be trying to find a range localy.

Thanks for any feedback. One of those quiet day here in the Pech/Korengal/Waygul Valleys, Afghanistan

Thanks
    Mark
    I & my family thank you for your service. If you ever around the Bensalem/ Langhorn area, I belong to an indoor range called Classic Pistol (CP), I would very much like to treat you to a day at that range. Look me up when your back home. Stay safe. PM sent with my contact info.

(Blair County)

You just cant beat a Sig p229. its amazingly accurate with a 4 " barrel. It is definetly more accurate then I am unless I use the laser. Unlike some of the other fitments, the crimson trace grip actually improves the feel of this gun. With a laser you can easily blow the 10x out at 25 meters. As will all modern guns of this type (minus gi .45, and browning hi powers) the front sight is big and blocky. It covers most of a 12 inch target at 25 meters making precision shots more difficult IMO, the laser makes up for this. With open sights I much prefer the thin blade of a GI.45. its the difference between a 4" group and a 2" group for me. For shooting man sized targets the big blocky sights arent so bad.

(Lehigh County)

While Sigs are great guns (I carry a Sig 229 DAK in .40 S&W while on duty), I would have to vote for the Para Ord PX14-45.

Para's are rock solid shooters (I own the single stack version, PX745) and got to shoot the 14-45. Excellent shooters.

Have no experience with the FN's.

BTW, Thank you for your service.

AG

(Monroe County)

did you actually get the elite dark or just order it?......cuz if its on order, you may be waiting a while...I had one on order that was supposed to come in 7-12 weeks, after 7-8 months I canceled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast