Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUN SHOPS

Default GUN SHOPS

Hello again to all!!! Need info on the biggest and best gun shop in PA along with phone # to do some AR carbine shopping also wanna know of any up and coming gun shows and I mean good gun shows!!! Does any one know if an out of state police officer can purchase out of state without the hassles of a local law enforcement officer??? thx much!!!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: GUN SHOPS

Try Trops gun shop...Dont have a phone number...Located in elizabeth town. And grice's gun shop in clearfield county....Last time I was there they had like 1000 guns, if not more.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Venango County)

I was at Grice's last weekend....DANG!! guns everywhere!!!!
    an M&P 40 almost followed me home
    I know they had one of the M&P 15s hanging on the wall, Looked pretty nice

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Chester County)

Anything you buy will still have to be compliant with NY's assault weapons ban. I am not sure, but I don't think a PA dealer will sell you anything not compliant. You will be limited to pre-ban or NY AWB compliant configured rifles. Needless to say they are not plentiful here because we don't have an AWB, and as such not much demand for neutered ARs.

A big gun store near Philly is http://www.targetmaster.com, go to their site, they are open late so you can call pretty late. They will let you know what you are allowed to buy in PA.

A big show coming up is http://www.valleyforgegunshow.com/ they will have everything, even pre-ban stuff.
    Last edited by MartinBrody; September 11th, 2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: not pre-ban configured, fixed to NY AWB compliant configured rifles

(Philadelphia County)

I dont know if he carries rifles, since Ive never been to his store, but word on the street says that John Seneca, from Seneca Arms would be the man to speak to.

You cannot have so many people saying so many good things about you and not be legit.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    Try Trops gun shop...Dont have a phone number...Located in elizabeth town. And grice's gun shop in clearfield county....Last time I was there they had like 1000 guns, if not more.
    When I was looking for an AR15 Trops' was a minimum of $100.00 or more than anywhere else and all they had new at the time were Bushmaster
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter 13 View Post
    When I was looking for an AR15 Trops' was a minimum of $100.00 or more than anywhere else and all they had new at the time were Bushmaster
    Yea trops has some high prices on their stuff. They have a couple of colts up there right now...used...In good condition for about 900 and 1800 bucks.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Centre County)

IIRC, for an out of stater to buy from a dealer in PA, they must meet the requirements of the state/locale they are from, be it civilian or police (some states have different purchase requirements for police officers).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojofam7 View Post
    Hello again to all!!! Need info on the biggest and best gun shop in PA along with phone # to do some AR carbine shopping also wanna know of any up and coming gun shows and I mean good gun shows!!! Does any one know if an out of state police officer can purchase out of state without the hassles of a local law enforcement officer??? thx much!!!
    Your options are probably quite limited being that you are in one of the five boroughs (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island)....you might as well be in Chicago, (or New Jersey). Do you have a New York City carry permit? I know you mention something about a State Trooper but I think over state lines you would have to have any handguns shipped to an FFL, same for any long guns if you're in the five boroughs, (you're info says The Bronx).
    If so my advice would be to move a slight bit north. Yonkers or White Plains or at least just right over the border of The Bronx into Westchester. THEN, you're home "semi-free"!
    I'm not a resident of the 5 boroughs so I can purchase and have made several long gun (rifle & shotgun) purchases in PA and VA.

There's a few good places right over the PA border in The Poconos area. And of course there's Cabelas (Mecca) in Hamburg, PA.
    NRA Basic Firearms Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer

"....the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

(York County)

Got family outside of NYC? Change your residency...

Probably cheaper too. Usually just have to live x number of days at other residency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast