Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday OC

(Dauphin County)

Default Saturday OC

Colonial Park/Linglestown

I took today off to enjoy the Spring weather. Started the day by getting gas at Costco, cashing a check at Metro Bank on Mountain Road next to Karn's, got lunch at Ted's Bar & Grill with some co-workers that did not have the day off, and then took the dog for a walk around Wildwood lake.

All seemed pleasant and right with the world until I return home and found a message on the machine from the security department of Metro Bank. The person that called is not in the office today so we are playing phone tag.

I have been OC at that branch 6-8 times in the past year without incident or comment. Even today I shared pleasantries with the teller and received no comments.

I will post more once I connect with this person to see what's on her mind.

Until then it back outside for some spring cleanup.
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Saturday OC

Pssst, tomorrow is Saturday

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Saturday OC - Really Friday

Quote Originally Posted by The_Game View Post
    Pssst, tomorrow is Saturday
    For someone that rarely takes any time off from work, when I do I think it is the weekend in my mind. Sorry for the brain fart.

Anyway, called Janet from Metro bank on her cell phone. She is unaware of any corporate policy at this time governing the carrying of a sidearm while transacting business at the bank except for the part of the safe deposit box contract that disallows firearms. She will look on Monday and forward any applicable policy to my email.

She asked if next time I came to the bank I would not bring the sidearm. She stated that some of the personnel freaked out. Her concern for me was that she did not want someone else to mistake me for a robber and do something stupid.

I explained to her that I would not want to leave my weapon unsecured in the vehicle while in the bank. I also asked her if some additional training might be needed for those employees concerning lawful carry.

(Allegheny County)

And she replied?

(Dauphin County)

There was no reply to the training question. Instead she replied that her and husband own and love guns. Seeing someone in a bank with a gun is not something the young employees are used to seeing.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bullock View Post
    There was no reply to the training question. Instead she replied that her and husband own and love guns. Seeing someone in a bank with a gun is not something the young employees are used to seeing.
    So by eliminating that occurrence, it's supposed to help them get used to it?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Luzerne County)

She asked if next time I came to the bank I would not bring the sidearm. She stated that some of the personnel freaked out.
    I'm betting she is exaggerating. Did you notice anyone "freak out" while you were there?

Her concern for me was that she did not want someone else to mistake me for a robber and do something stupid.
    I'm betting she is lying.
    How many plain clothes LEO get mistaken for robbers?

I explained to her that I would not want to leave my weapon unsecured in the vehicle while in the bank. I also asked her if some additional training might be needed for those employees concerning lawful carry.
    Good for you. I would have said something similar. And added that if I or my firearm was not welcome I would gladly close my accounts and shop elsewhere.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Dauphin County)

The expected email containing Metro Bank's policy concerning customer carry did not arrive today as expected. I will need to follow-up with Janet (Security) tomorrow.

(Dauphin County)

Metro Bank security could find no policy dealing with customer carry of sidearms. The matter was forwarded to their legal department for an opinion. I was told I should have a phone response yet this afternoon followed by a letter.

(Dauphin County)

Finally got a call back from Janet at Metro Bank. After looking for a written policy and apparently not finding one, the issue was referred to their legal staff. I guess they returned nothing to her that would be directed toward me or other open carry persons.

I will get a follow-up letter in a few days that covers this subject. Until I see what exactly is in it, I will relate the phone conversation.

In her 20 years at the bank, I was the only person to ever enter one of their branches armed. They were asking me politely to not wear my sidearm into the bank in the future.
    Last edited by Howard Bullock; March 25th, 2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast