Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Loose sight adjustment screw

Please help,

I just bought a Berretta U22 NEOS and it shoots great.... One day I watched my target hits drift to the right.... couldnt figure it out at first, then before I knew it the sight adjustment screw was on the ground.... I put it back it and it backed out again. I was thinking of putting some locktite in it, but I'm afriad then I cant adjust it.... please help!

Thanks,
    Shawn

If you bought new, send it back to the factory. if you don't want to do that, look around on-line and try to find another rear sight aperature. I'm not too familiar with the Neos but it shouldn't be too hard to replace your self.
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; October 6th, 2006 at 11:18 PM.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

Quote Originally Posted by sshawn09 View Post
    Please help,

I just bought a Berretta U22 NEOS and it shoots great.... One day I watched my target hits drift to the right.... couldnt figure it out at first, then before I knew it the sight adjustment screw was on the ground.... I put it back it and it backed out again. I was thinking of putting some locktite in it, but I'm afriad then I cant adjust it.... please help!

Thanks,
    Shawn
    If you call beretta, they will tell you its a plastic, (more rubber) back sight, blue locktite on the threads will hold it in place, I had the situation happen to us here, odd they have a micro thread and it would not lock, but thats the price you pay...

I ended up gluing ours in place after i was on center, and now it became rigid.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Cumberland County)

I had the same thing happen to me just a few weeks ago. I bought a Neos because it's a great plinking pistol. The hubby put some loctite on it, once I was sure exactly where I wanted it. I haven't had any trouble since.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Loose sight adjustment screw

Just make sure you use Blue (not red which is semi-permenant and requires heat and a lot of %$#&@ to remove). Even better use loctite small parts thread locker, forgot the number, 242, 262 something like that. Either will lock but break fairly easily and give the screw a "Nylock" feel if adjustment is needed.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Loose sight adjustment screw

I guess this is a chronic problem with the Neos. A friend of mine bought one and had the same thing happen the last time we were at the range....and the pivot pin that holds the rear sight in place fell out as well...luckily we found it. The next time we get together I'm going to use red Locktite on the pin and purple (Service-removable) on the adjustment screw. (We hoped she would get a Buckmark...she seemed to shoot mine pretty well.... but the Neos fit her small hands better)
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.